Battery Question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Battery Question

Sorry to bother you guys with this simple question but i can not find it any where. I am currently deployed right now so i do not have access to my owners manual or my bike but i am trying to buy a battery charger online to have when i get home because i am sure that the 700 is gonna be dead when i get back and i don't wanna waist any time going into town to get a charger lol. So do they have a 6v battery or a 12v?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 700xx
Curtis sparks x6 exhaust
EHS fuel programmer
K&N air filter
L8ton XL sway bar
ProTaper bars
PowerMadd Hand Guards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 AM

12 volt
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 AM

btw you should have put a battery maintainer on it before leaving. The battery may be junk by the time you get back. be safe and come home in one piece
mike

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
You can get a cheap tender at harbor freight for $10. sometimes they even put them on sale for $5.00! I have one of these and 2 $20.00 ones made by black & decker. I think the battery tender brand ones are way over priced. Yet cheaper than a new battery every session.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
gerber,
My recommendation is a Battery Tender (BT) Brand. I have two of them, one is a single and the other is a two station. They both have extended my battery life by many times. The Yamaha Grizzly in April will be 6 years old with the original battery still excellent. The TRX700X is going on 4 years and is still OK. The beauty of the BT is that it comes with several ways to hook it up. I have the lug connections on the battery terminals all the time. When I go for a ride I unhook the BT and stow the small cable under the seat. When I return, I hook the BT up and never think another thing about the health of the battery. There are extensions available with the correct connectorization that will allow you to string a cable across the garage to service other 12V batteries. IMO the best on the market.
Sid
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thanks for the help and advice guys, i am glad i asked cause i defiantly thought that it was a 6v batt. I have a gift card to sears so i am gonna get either a die hard charger/maintainer or a battery tender and it will be sitting at my house when i get back so i can get riding ASAP! thanks again

2009 700xx
Curtis sparks x6 exhaust
EHS fuel programmer
K&N air filter
L8ton XL sway bar
ProTaper bars
PowerMadd Hand Guards
post #7 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
I routed my eyelet connection under my seat, and down by the clutch cable. So there is no need to take seat off to charge battery. And when riding I just wrap the cover around the bracket and snap closed. Here's a couple pictures. 1st one is hooked to tender, 2nd one is snapped together for riding mode.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM

I picked up the die hard charger/ maintainer from Sears about a month ago and too has all the extras the battery tender has for a fraction of the price. I picked it up for 20 bucks so I really couldn't go wrong for the price. I like the fact that you have different options for hooking it up.

08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog
post #9 of 10 Old 02-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
M Quick,
Great idea!
I am going to reroute the "pigtail" just like you did yours. Taking that seat off and juggling it in position to reinstall it is a royal pain.
Just a thought.... make sure that any battery trickle charger anyone purchases is certified for the new sealed batteries (standard on the TRX700XX).
Thanks again "M Q"
Sid
post #10 of 10 Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

yeah the seats are something else lol but that is a great idea M Quick!

2009 700xx
Curtis sparks x6 exhaust
EHS fuel programmer
K&N air filter
L8ton XL sway bar
ProTaper bars
PowerMadd Hand Guards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode