New 700xx Owner with exhaust question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch New 700xx Owner with exhaust question

Hey guys, just picked up an 08 700xx yesterday. The pressing issue im having is the stock exhaust is in bad shape. It functions but is missing the end cap. So what i want to do is get a slip-on silencer. My goal is quiet without loss of power (if that's achievable). Im also under the understanding that I should do an optimizer for the fuel injection if I do a slip on. I have seen combos on ebay but none with silencers. Im just looking for input on what you guys would do.

Im a trail rider who is more concerned with quiet then grabbing every ounce of power. But im assuming even a slip on silencer would still give me a gain over stock?

EDIT: Also is there a way to polish out plastic scrathes? The previous owner put some wear on her but nothing deep. I was hoping I could take a buffing compund to the plastic. Or is this a bad idea?

Anywho, here is my new beast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
I just order my exhaust of ebay. Here's my thread, and I didnt go with the Motoworks SR4 https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7475

You can get a factory pipe around $25 bucks if looking for that thou, and I'm sure some users here just toss them out. If you just want a slip on HMF Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1997 by Hans Luenger in Cleveland, Ohio. They have a slip on with 3 inserts in case you want to let it all out, stage 3 and toned down stage 1. They claim a 10% power increase with just the slip on system!

The Competition Series was designed and tested for Sport ATVs and Dirtbikes. The Trimax Core features 3 levels of power and sound. Included with every exhaust are 3 inserts that effect the sound and power differently, giving you complete control and allowing you to dictate the type of power and sound you need, when you need it.

I went with the performance series, because sound is not a issue where I ride, well at least not for me Granny is 1/2 deaf at her age!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM

If you want a nice some what quiet slip on i have one for sale that I would be willing to make a deal on for you, as for the programmer, they are not always necessary for just a slipon. Dont really know about the scratches.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives

post #4 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 PM

FMF with a quiet core will be pretty quiet and still give some performance gains. They are really nice quality too!
post #5 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Garage
Just finished installing a Lexx slip-on & controller. Good value at around US$360 for both, tested the pipe at 4500rpm 50cm distance, 92db with supplied quiet core in.
Haven't had a chance to ride with fuel controller fitted, but hopefully might see a 2 or 3 hp gain.

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdanie2 View Post
Dont really know about the scratches.
As far as the scratches go, my Uncle told me long ago when I 1st started enjoying 4 wheeling "You cant be to particular about your paint job on a 4X4"

So don't worry to much about it, but I use this stuff cheap at wal*mart $4.00 http://www.detailing.com/store/megui...rotectant.html

And also tried stuff like Maxima's SC1. I'm sure there's stuff out there to buff it out nicer. I just remember what my Uncle told me.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #7 of 11 Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 PM

The maxima sc1 is pretty good stuff. The good thing about it is that the dirt or mud will wash off a lot easier.

08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog
post #8 of 11 Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Priesty, I was looking for something more affordable and the LEXX fit the bill. I ordered their slip on and controller. Ive never used one of these optimizers before. Anyone have any input on ease of use?

On the plastic scratches: Since I am a printer I decided im just going to go ahead and create a custom wrap for her. This way she will improve cosmetically ten fold yet have the protection of laminated vinyl.

Last edited by stage2; 02-16-2012 at 08:31 AM.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stage2 View Post
Thanks Priesty, I was looking for something more affordable and the LEXX fit the bill. I ordered their slip on and controller. Ive never used one of these optimizers before. Anyone have any input on ease of use?

On the plastic scratches: Since I am a printer I decided im just going to go ahead and create a custom wrap for her. This way she will improve cosmetically ten fold yet have the protection of laminated vinyl.
Thier controller comes with the default setup for thier slip-on with the quiet core fitted, so if that's all your mods then it's just plug in & ride away, doesn't get any easier than that.
Let us know how the custom wrap goes, post up some pics when it's done.

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

Last edited by priesty; 02-16-2012 at 08:14 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by priesty View Post
Thier controller comes with the default setup for thier slip-on with the quiet core fitted, so if that's all your mods then it's just plug in & ride away
This is where my concern comes in. I couldnt find a seller that had the pipe and exhaust in stock so I had to buy them from seperate places. Will the controller still have a preload for their slip on even though I didnt buy them as a combo? ThX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode