The Baja winning 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Baja winning 700xx

I just finished reading about the 700xx that won Baja. All the pictures I've have seen of it previously, I noticed the exhaust as being a custom job. When I was reading the Dirt Wheels article it stated and pictured an HMF exhaust was used. WTF??? The exhaust in the earlier pictures obviously was not an HMF. What happened here?

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
They went from a custom Honda Racing job to a sponsored muffler.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

I wonder why? The custom job I heard cost upwards of $7k. The HMF is like $220. I'm sure the custom made more power and sounded better. IMO anything sounds better than HMF. Just proves that just because you win, does not mean you have the best parts available. Money talks in all forms of racing.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
7K? Someone got shafted. I'm sure the .05 HP the custom one made over the HMF is hardly missed.
post #5 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Honda engineers make a lot of money. They probably put the whole cost of the project from beginning to end to the cost of the muffler. So yeah, $7k might have been a deal if it took two or three people a month to make it.

It surely wasn't that in materials.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 03-29-2009 at 10:08 AM.
post #6 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

It was the total price for R&D and everything that goes with a one off piece. It's all about marketing on HMF's part. If people see a part on something that won a race they'll buy it because they think it's the best. But in most cases it's far from the best. Manufacturers know this fact and will pay a race team millions in some case because the profit from sale from that type of marketing is many, many, many times more than the initial investment.

post #7 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 AM

Race teams are rolling billboards, why wouldn't they accept the offer? If racing is there only job then this helps pay them to get from race to race. Business as usual
post #8 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

I totally understand that. I just do not like all the ads you see claiming a brand is a xxx time winning this or that. The product had nothing to do with the win. 99% of the time it's the rider and just so happened that everything else was on there to cross the finish line first. If people would do research on what works best and buy that product, the manufacturers would have no choice but to continually improve their product.

post #9 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 PM

I absolutely agree, I started to type all that up in my previous post but was getting long winded so I chopped it. Any muffler would have got him the same position, Unless.... You have this one lol

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=1660373
post #10 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

HAHA! Why on earth would you cap off your exhaust??? I guess some people have no clue about how an engine works and makes power.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode