One tooth makes a HUUUUGE difference! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
grin One tooth makes a HUUUUGE difference!

So these bikes are trail bikes right? I think the sprocket selection is based solely on the trails you ride. If they're long and fast with not many bumps you're going to want the 14t. If they're tight, steep, slow, technical - 13t all the way.

That being said...

When I first bought my bike I found it geared WAY to high for me and the power it was making so while it was 100% stock I put a 13t sprocket on it. Loved it. It was perfect. I really enjoyed the bike. Infact... it was so perfect, I could have left it alone right then and there and I'd be 100% thrilled with the bike as is.

However...

Most of my friends like to drag race. My roommate has a Raptor 700r and alot of people I ride with do too. Some have TRX450r's and some YFZ450's as well. One even has a cam'd 450LTR. This is when I started modding it. I put the big 3 on all at one time. I got my tune from Bo White, just as alot of other people have. It's not completely dialed in but I am able to ride it. (It just uses alot of gas) With the 13t sprocket and racing, I was having to start out in 2nd to get good traction. First was just way to much spinning. I pretty much beat everyone I raced except for 3 people.

1 - Cam'd Raptor 700r - He pulled me till we got up top
1 - Polaris Outlaw - He had a big bore kit with nitrous
1 - YFZ who claims to be stock. I know he's got SOMETHING done to it because a intake/exhaust/jetted YFZ can't keep up with on multiple occasions.

Then I put the 14t sprocket back on...

This went back to the old gearing like it had when it was stock, however... it was different! Now it had the balls it did with the 13t but it almost seemed like more. This thing REALLY flies with the big3 and the 14t sprocket. It's almost too much for most of the trail riding I do. If it wasn't for the buddies always wanting to drag race I wouldn't have any of this probably.

I raced a modded YFZ with the 14t sprocket and he was so far back when I shifted to 5th, that when I looked back he'd already given up. This happened 2 times Sunday. Both YFZ's had the same mods, one had Hiper Carbon Fiber wheels.

Moral of the story -

13t when youre stock.
14t with the big3 is a HUGE gain in power over factory. Be very careful!

FWIW, with the 14t sprocket, my quad had a top speed of 71mph... in 4th gear. At the beginning of 5th, it was at 74mph and climbing. I dont need to be going that fast in the trails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 AM

When is enough enough?
post #3 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_0_xx View Post
When is enough enough?

Never enough. I kept the 13t sprocket on mine because of the tight trals we have hee, but when i go out west, i'll put the 14 back on and let her rip.

08 700XX, FMF pipe, PC3, Velocity filter, OMF Beadlocks, PRM nerfs, bumpers and skids, Maxxis Razr's font and rear, Sonic anti-roll bar( BEST MOD AVAILABLE), Vapor dash, Pro-taper bars

01 Busa 500+ hp, carbon fiber rocket Velocity/Garrett powered, TotalKaos Built
08 B-king stock for now

post #4 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You guys going this weekend?

Wanna race? (selfish ploy to get you to go riding by appealing to your "don't wanna be called out in public" side)

You're going down. (see above x2)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Wow, thats an awesome story! Will you ever get video of you destroying these guys so the word can get out to others with proof?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_0_xx View Post
When is enough enough?
Apparently that hasn't been reached yet seeing that Arctic Cat made the Thundercat 1000.
I fear that the "small penis syndrome" that these manufacturers have is going to ruin the industry by causing the government to step in and regulate them.
post #7 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
Apparently that hasn't been reached yet seeing that Arctic Cat made the Thundercat 1000.
I fear that the "small penis syndrome" that these manufacturers have is going to ruin the industry by causing the government to step in and regulate them.

Not until people start getting killed on them and lawsuits start occurring though. Besides, car manufacturers have been in the HP race forever and the only thing that has limited them was public demand and fuel prices. Sportbikes have a far greater HP to LB ratio and if anything those would be the 1st to be regulated as they are licensed vehicles. (well, more so than quads)

I say bring on the faster quads and give them the power of the sportbikes. (but again, it would be limited to what the public is willing to pay for)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
You guys going this weekend?
Actually, yes we're going to Athens again. Which is more of a party than riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
Wow, thats an awesome story! Will you ever get video of you destroying these guys so the word can get out to others with proof?
Here's some proof that someone made me create...
Me vs a stock raptor when I was on the 13t sprocket.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #9 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 10:37 AM

post #10 of 33 Old 03-31-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Where's Athens?
Athens's Texas. The actual ranch is halfway between Canton and Athens on HWY 19 that goes north out of Athen's.

It's Ben (Raptor Owner and BMF700r on the raptor forum and in the pics above birthday) There are 6 of us going right now and maybe a couple females. Gotta check on that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode