advise - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
waving advise

and advise on these are they worth the money are they easy to install i am kinda new at some of these things

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX700...xp=mtr:coffee:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The Trail Tech Vapor is a good product... for some machines more than others. I'll explain...
1. They attach to the quad at the steering stem/bar mount point. For our quad, it means the idiot lights have to be relocated along with the gas tank breather hose.
2. To measure RPM, you need to attach a lead to your spark plug/plug wire.
3. To measure temp, you need to connect to radiator hose.
4. To measure speed, you need to attach sensors to front wheel and a-arm. It measures how many times the wheel sensor goes past the a-arm sensor... The problem with that is, you also have to enter the circumference of the tire into the unit to get an accurate reading on speed... In other words, how many inches the wheel travels in one revolution.

roadkill

P.S. I got your PM about finding a muffler.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

were would you go about relocating the dummie lights

post #4 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxchris View Post
That's a good question. But, I didn't add that to my quad... just helped a friend add one to his Yami. There are a few on here that have done this with a 700xx and have relocated the dummy lights and have posted pics.

Here's a link to idiot lights relocated using the Trail Tech bar clamps from Jake777
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...ght=Trail+Tech

There are other post with other members doing different things to relocate... you just have to use the "search" feature to find them.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #5 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxchris View Post
I like this idea for relocating lights, click link and page down to last picture.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=918

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What i did was keep the stock light holder and just cut along the curve of it so that the mount would work and also look alright.
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/picture....&pictureid=773
If anybody wants I will get a better picture tomorrow.

08 700xx,HMF Ballance Exhaust,HMF Optimizer,Honda Racing Skids, J&J A-Arm Skid Plates, Grip Heaters,13 Tooth Sprocket,Prm Six Pack Rack,6000k Hi/Lo HID lights,22x9-11 Kenda Kutters- summer,24x10-11 GBC Gators- winter,Trail Tech Voyager, Powermadd Handgaurds, Front Springs on All 4 Corners, GBC X-Rex 23x7-10, UNI Air Filter, Custom Outerwears Pre-Filter for a UNI,Odi Rouge Grips,Reverse Rev Limiter on a Switch,L8ton 11/16 Sway Bar
post #7 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

what size rims are on the 700xx stock
post #8 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 AM

More pics on here since I did the same thing.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7382

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #9 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 AM

I relocated the Dummy Lights under the Top Cover, similar to 5wop3... All you need is a Dremel with a cut-off wheel, a grinding tool to smooth the plastic after the cut and some velcro from homedepot. You can get fancy and spend some time on it and make it look like it was factory.

'08 TRX700XX List 'O Mods:
13t Drive
ASV Shorty Lever(s)
MQ Brake Block
Honda Racing Front Bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs (Chrome)
J-n-J Full Skids
Uni Filter
Teixeira Tech Anti-Vibe Steering Stem +2 @ 1.25"
CCP Steering Stabilizer
Streamline SS Brake Lines
Precision-RP Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp
Easton EXP M99 53/RM Mid Bars
MotoGrip Black Skulls
Offensive Fender Warning Tags
Black Shock Covers
FST Radiator Guard
Relocated Indicator Lights
Maier Top Cover
Tusk Gas Cap

post #10 of 10 Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM

I have a trail tech vapor and I didn't have to relocate the lights on the stock dash. all i had to do was get rid of the tank vent line, and then I ran the wires to the trail tech up through the hole where the vent line use to be and then used some double sided tape to mount the trail tech to the stock dash board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode