oil capacity - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oil capacity

How much oil do you put in your 700? The book says 1.9quarts, I put two in mine and it is only about 1/4 way up the dipstick. I dont want to add to much so I figured I would ask before any more goes in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
NVERL8,
Ride the machine for a few minutes then check the oil soon after. I usually put in just a small amount more just to bring it to the top line. You can’t just put the oil in and then check it. The owner’s manual is helpful in these areas.
Sid
post #3 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

yea I just got the bike and no manual, however I am bidding on one on ebay so I hope to soon have one. My buddy that has a 700 says his manual says to idle for 3 minutes then check, and thats what I did and it is at the low end of the range with 2 quarts in it. I just want to be sure I am correct in putting a little more in given the 1.9 quart capacity listed in the specs

post #4 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM

You can download the manual on here for free.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #5 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

I tried that, it just keeps coming up with a notification that the web address has been shut down due to piracy
post #6 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Oil level is something I fight with on this bike. I change my oil by the book and it's at a different level every time I check it. My 450R was consistent and was always at the same level. A honda tech told me to quit worrying about it as long as there was oil on the dipstick.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Works for me, I put the recomended amount in so Im going to go with that i guess
post #8 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM

I don't know if this helps or not but in mine when I change my oil & filter I put 2.2 L in & it brings it right up to the top of the dip stick. I measured it once & then after verytime I just drop in 2.2L + check it & it's always been good. Hope this helps.

Regards, Joey.

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_guy View Post
Oil level is something I fight with on this bike. I change my oil by the book and it's at a different level every time I check it. My 450R was consistent and was always at the same level. A honda tech told me to quit worrying about it as long as there was oil on the dipstick.
Same thing I deal with. If I drain the tank,crank case and change the filter I just put 2 qts back in it and never had a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog
post #10 of 16 Old 03-16-2012, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I put 2.1 litres (Quarts ,US) in the motor every oil/filter change. I do this after every race wether it be 1hour blasting around the ovals or a 3 hour XC. If you have oil on the dipstick about a 1/4 the way up , you're OK. So I am kinda going with next quote. Even though the oil tank may seem low the engine always has the correct amount of oil to circulate around the motor. It has 2 oil pumps, 1 for the motor and 1 that regulates the amount in the motor and transfers it to the oil tank. Unless you really go over board on adding the oil , you can't do any damage to the motor as this is regulated. I add a little more than stock due to Honda's design were the excess is actually forced into the head and lubes the cam. It won't be passed to the air filter unless you have ,major (08700xx) mods ,bad rings or the motor is getting too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_guy View Post

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode