FMF powerbomb header - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FMF powerbomb header

I have a motoworks SR-4 and according to Motoworks this can't be made into a full system. So, I searched and found an old post where somebody mentioned you could use an FMF header for a motoworks SR-4 exhaust. I couldn't find anywhere saying this would work for sure or anybody that has done this. So I'm wanting to know if this is possible?

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Im also wondering about doing this mod because HMF slip on has to be sent back,id rather buy a powerbomb header and have it welded then send it back
post #3 of 22 Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 PM

If the Motorworks fits the stock header, the powerbomb will get you little if any power because the Motorworks would now be your greatest exhaust restriction.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

So my motoworks will fit the powerbomb header? but you don't think it will give me much more power than just the slip on? I'm not completely understanding this because with the powerbomb and my slip on would be kinda like a full system wouldn't it? or am i mis understanding everything
post #5 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Slip on exhausts are made to attach to a stock header and a stock header is a smaller diameter than the header on a full system. It's in this larger diameter header that you get the most gains. A full system carries this larger diameter from the header through the exhaust. So connecting your Motoworks slip on to another after market header of the same diameter will not get you much improvement.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #6 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

If the fmf slip on fits the powerbomb and I don't know that it does I just read on here that it does then what good does is powerbomb with any exhaust? I'm not trying to sound like an idiot I'm just trying to learn a little bit and I appreciate the replies.
post #7 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Ok I will try again. When talking about exhaust, larger diameter = good. smaller diameter = bad. The smallest point in any system is the limit of how much the exhaust will flow. More flow=good, less flow=bad.

That being said the stock headpipe and muffler is smaller in diameter than the FMF pipe. The Motorworks pipe has a small diameter pipe where it attaches to the stock headpipe. Overall the Motoworks is going to flow better than the stock muffler. Now if you install the FMF powerbomb headpipe with an adapter of some sort to the Motoworks muffler, the Motoworks muffler now becomes the exhaust's greatest restriction due to the small inlet the muffler. FMF sells their larger diameter inlet mufflers with a reducer to fit the stock pipe so if in the future you want to up grade to a full exhaust you don't have to buy another muffler just install the new Powerbomb headpipe and get rid of the restrictive adapter.

This thread may help> https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...highlight=fmf*

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #8 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. you just made it all make sense. I didn't know that the FMF slip on came with an adaptor to make it work with the stock head pipe. thats all that was needed to be said cuz now it all makes sense.
You can buy FMF slip on and use adaptor to make it work with stock header and when you buy the powerbomb you remove the adaptor to make it work with the powerbomb correct? that makes sense now
post #9 of 22 Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmann12 View Post
Thank you. you just made it all make sense. I didn't know that the FMF slip on came with an adaptor to make it work with the stock head pipe. thats all that was needed to be said cuz now it all makes sense.
You can buy FMF slip on and use adaptor to make it work with stock header and when you buy the powerbomb you remove the adaptor to make it work with the powerbomb correct? that makes sense now

You got it.

post #10 of 22 Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 AM

Garage
While on the subject of the fmf powerbomb header, does anyone know what the expansion chamber does & how it works ? Is it superior to a good quality conventional aftermarket header pipe , or is it just a gimmick thing to differentiate thier product from all the others ?

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

Last edited by priesty; 04-08-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: edit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode