charge rate/workshop manual - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
charge rate/workshop manual

HI, I was out riding last weekend and all the dash lights came on and bike cut out then lights went out and bike ran again.
Repeated several times till it stopped. Looks like the battery internals have broken.
I have fitted a new Yuasa battery and i just want to make sure the battery is being charged.I have tried to download a manual to check the charge rate but the link is broken.
I have 12.8 volts with the engine running.Thanks
mervex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Basically you should have more volts with the engine running , compared to how many you had before you started the engine..
13.2 to 13.8 ish should be about right with the engine running.

honda states, turn on headlights, rev to 5k and you should read up to 15.7 volts..

12.8 does not seem enough to charge a battery.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

thanks for that rappey,i will check it out in the morning.
mervex

post #4 of 7 Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 PM

get manual here http://jumbofiles.com/gsuxuygtnkfo
make sure u click the correct download link, not one of the stupid ads that are trying to trick you.

click free download on the first page. Then on the second page, click the blue letters that say download file, right above where it says Honda_TRX700xx_Service_Manual[1].pdf (38.2 Mb). Then on the third page, click the little grey box that says download, in the middle of the page.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

charge

thanks mate,i got manual downloaded.
After reading the diagnostics,i relized that every Honda roadbike i have owned,from a VFR400, an RVF400,a couple of CBR1000s and to a CBR1100 Blackbird(still own it) have all suffered voltage reg/rectifier failure.The best fix was NOT a Honda unit but a Yamaha R-1 aftermarket unit,no problems for 10 years after.
I checked the charge rate today on my trx and i am getting only 12.8,not enough to charge the battery. I went on a really long ride last week and it probly just drained and wrecked the battery that was only 6 months old.
As i charge the battery every 2 weeks i was probly just hiding the faulty reg/rectifier.
I will check it out this week with my bike electrical guru to check for sure.
Anyone else had a prob with voltage rec/reg?
mervex
post #6 of 7 Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

reg/rec

HI, i just got and fitted my new voltage regulator/rectifier from ElectroSport Ind and ran the motor.I now have 14 volts at the battery which sounds about right with the motor running.
I ran thru the checks in the workshop manual before ordering just to be sure it was the rec/reg.
This has happened to EVERY Honda i have owned (6) and i have read it is because honda cheapskates on these parts just like the shocks and tyres
on our bikes. I would have thought they might have had a change of attitude by now.
By the way,i got my part from Electrosport in the USA because Honda Australia wanted to charge me nearly $200 and from Electrosport in the USA it cost $79 plus express freight (my choice) $49 ,total of $129.
The Electrosport part is also upgraded from the Honda part.How do i know the honda part would not have failed again?
Anyway,if your battery goes flat , it is worth checking the charge rate.
Thanks for the help with the manual,guys.
well, i'm off riding now!
post #7 of 7 Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Good to hear!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode