Anyone ever separate a 700 motor case ?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone ever separate a 700 motor case ??

I mite have to separate the motor case on a 700 to look for/clean out any debris from a piston disaster, so dont know what its gonna take to complete the job.

Question: has anyone on here done this before ??

If so...how hard is it to do??

Any specialty tools needed ??

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 PM

It is very tedious and labor intensive. There are lots of pieces and parts especially in the transmission. You will need a couple of special tools to split the case. Its really not difficult just a pain. Get yourself a service manual and a bunch of ziploc sandwich bags and label all the parts. My buddy made a tool to seperate his case for the 700xx and i dont know if you can buy one specific for this particular model.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #3 of 6 Old 07-13-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanx for the advice, realy not sure it needs taken apart yet, but I dont like the possability of bits & pieces of metal float'n around inside the motor.

Been think'n of a way to test the waters before tear'n into it, maybe flush it out a time ot two with some fluid/oil & see if anything empties out along with the fluid.

I also have a XR650R that needs the case split so I can put a new crank in it, maybe the same case seperater will do for both machines.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
You only need special tools if you have to remove the crank. If you only want to split the cases then no tools are needed but just use common sense. I have split both motors and the only special tool I used was a flywheel puller and a Motion Pro clutch ,vise grip thingy.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
You only need special tools if you have to remove the crank. If you only want to split the cases then no tools are needed but just use common sense. I have split both motors and the only special tool I used was a flywheel puller and a Motion Pro clutch ,vise grip thingy.

its not hard, these 2 tools is all you need, i actually bought a bolt for the flywheel instead of a puller and it worked perfect with a little grease on the end.and it only cost me $8. just use cardboard to keep track of where your bolts go, i did mine over a weekend.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #6 of 6 Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Clutch tool isnt needed but nice to have,,, just use an impact(small) and a leather gloove to hold the inner hub, rag works too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode