User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-26-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tip Over Sensor Concern

I was wondering what you guys thought.
I have a problem every time I cross train tracks. When I go to cross them the bike will stall almost every time and it never stalls any time else. I was wondering if it was possible that the jolt of going over the tracks was enough to cause the tip over sensor to engage and turn off the bike. It always starts right back up. I have crossed these same train tracks for years on my 400ex without any problems and all my friends with all kinds of other bikes have no problems either. It is very annoying and would love to come to a conclusion on this.

If it is the tip over sensor causing it has anyone bypassed the sensor?

Thanks

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I bypassed the tip over sensor. There was nothing wrong with the sensor ,just didn't like the idea of it.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I doubt that the tip over sensor is your problem. That sensor only engages when you get to a "point of no return" on a side roll over... It doesn't engage going over front to back. Also, it's called a bank angle sensor. But, it could have come loose from it's mounting position and is being held in a funny position. You said your quad starts right back up... If that sensor had tripped, you'd have to turn the key to "off" to reset before your quad would start.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

ok so if it is not the sensor does anyone else have any ideas as what may be my problem?

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #5 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 PM

A possible loose electical wire? Hard jostle interupts the circuit. Do you jump the quad? How about then?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM

Dirty fuel filter. Sounds crazy, but very likely.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Well the quad is new and only has about 25 hours on it so I doubt it is a fuel filter. I have never really jumped the quad so I cant answer that either. All though in other rough terrain situations including going over downed trees I do not have a problem. It is very odd that I have only had the problem when going over the train tracks. The only other thing I can think is a low RPM lean stall, maybe a programmer will help adjust the fuel map so I does not stall under this condition. I hope to be getting the Big 3 next month so I guess I will wait and see if that helps.

post #8 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ba9801,
Sure sounds like the battery cable/s are loose. Runs great until it/they are jostled then you lose power after which it starts nicely and runs fine until the next beating. The batteries in these machines are not filled with electrolyte or charged until the bike is serviced after sale so the dealership may not have done a good job of installation.
Sid
post #9 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Ok I will check that tomorrow.
Thanks

post #10 of 10 Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba9801 View Post
Ok I will check that tomorrow.
Thanks
Also check the spark plug wire, if battery seams fine. Some have tore wire from trying to change plug when they can't get spark plug boot to come off easy.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode