all around power mods? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
all around power mods?

I do mostly fast trail riding. I'm looking for advice on full exhaust, air filter and cpu adjustments. whats the best exhaust to buy for throttle responce and top end?
Also want the bike to slide better around corners, I get alot of body roll now and little slide?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-09-2012, 05:05 PM

for air filter go with a uni and an ehs air box lid keep that dirt out! for the exhaust i can't say much i have a lexx slip on, it's alright for now. and cheap. as for your body roll, are you running stock tires? if so try a 6 ply tire less give on the side walls, and many people here run an aftermarket sway bar from l8ton, i just got mine yesterday, i will let ya know what i think about it tonight after i get it installed!

2006 ds650x-sold.
2008 trx 700xx black and grey.
13t front sprocket, barkers full exhaust, uni filter, ehs lid w/vents, pcv. 44.02hp 2/12/13
Kenda Kutters & sti tech 4 tires, Honda racing Nerfs, pro taper grips, l8ton 11/16 sway bar, ccp, teixeira tech cxc, ds450 swap, precision s&v, duro mohawks and 10pdl haulers on itp ss112 machined on 2in solid billit adaptors.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hids 8k, tt vapor, blue underglow, billet gas cap, pro armor front bumper, ricochet full skids, powermadd hand guards.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejay555 View Post
I do mostly fast trail riding. I'm looking for advice on full exhaust, air filter and cpu adjustments. whats the best exhaust to buy for throttle responce and top end?
Also want the bike to slide better around corners, I get alot of body roll now and little slide?
Welcome to the club! I like my exhaust, but just research and get one you will be happy with, I'd skip the slip on route. Just extra money to upgrade later. The Power Commander 5 is sweet! And uni filter, ehs lid is good choice. The L8ton sway bar will eliminate nearly all body roll, pushing in corners and inside tire lift!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 PM

Big 3 from EHS with a 13 tooth front sprocket will keep the bike in the sweet spot power and gearing wise for the trails.

For better sliding, you may want to try stiffening the rears shock springs and adjusting your tire pressure.

2008 TRX700XX, Yellow/Black, EHS Big 3, EFM Auto Clutch, DS650 Fenders, 13T, Shorty Clutch Lever, Rear Brake on Bars, Kenda Road Go/ITP.

2000 Polaris Scrambler 400, HPD Trail Mod Complete Package, V-Force Reeds, Mikuni Flat Slide Carb, Flexx Bars, HPD Stabilizer, Fox Podium Rear Shock.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responces! air filter is a done deal thanks! I'm looking at fmf Q4 with the power bomb header. the only thing is adjusting the fuel injection. do I need to buy a tuner also, or is there an other way?
Do I need to touch the carb at all? any advice with this ??
post #6 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM

The bike is fuel injected, no carb. So if you really want to tune it you will need a programmer.
EHS sells the Barker exhaust system with quite core and programmer already dyno tuned for the setup, they also have the EHS air box lid to keep dirt out of the air box.

L8ton racing makes some nice sway bars as well to allow the bike to slide more. They have 9/16" & 11/16" depending on how tight you want the rear of the bike..

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #7 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejay555 View Post
Thanks for the responces! air filter is a done deal thanks! I'm looking at fmf Q4 with the power bomb header. the only thing is adjusting the fuel injection. do I need to buy a tuner also, or is there an other way?
Do I need to touch the carb at all? any advice with this ??
If you plan on going deeper into the engine with power mods down the road, just buy the power commander5 now. So you save the money when you need it later. Here's where I got mine, still at a good price as far as I know. It says 2009 but works on the 08's too.
http://www.indysuperbike.com/Powerco...X-8906390.html

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 10 Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 PM

as for the sliding the l8ton bar definitely stiffens up the rear end, you slide when you want to, but under normal riding it seems to grab like the irs should, i've only got an hour in my bar though. I'm very happy with it so far!
maybe some one else could chime in about it.

2006 ds650x-sold.
2008 trx 700xx black and grey.
13t front sprocket, barkers full exhaust, uni filter, ehs lid w/vents, pcv. 44.02hp 2/12/13
Kenda Kutters & sti tech 4 tires, Honda racing Nerfs, pro taper grips, l8ton 11/16 sway bar, ccp, teixeira tech cxc, ds450 swap, precision s&v, duro mohawks and 10pdl haulers on itp ss112 machined on 2in solid billit adaptors.

hids 8k, tt vapor, blue underglow, billet gas cap, pro armor front bumper, ricochet full skids, powermadd hand guards.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM

I would go with a quality full exhaust HMF, Sparks, or Leo Vince. Power commander 5, and the uni filter. If you want more top end after that go with the stage three hotcam or spend the extra doe and get the web 290 with hard welded rockers and heavier valve springs. Then you can upgrade the piston and port the head.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
post #10 of 10 Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Do you want more power or to go faster ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode