Wont start?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wont start??

My quad wont startStarted it up and when i would give it some gas it would die, fiddled around with the programmer and it started, went down the street, seems alittle low on power and when i let off the gas it poped and backfired and died and wont start back up? Plug? and if so how do you change them on this quad??
Thanks
Steve in Ct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Any previous problems with it acting up? Did you change the settings on the programmer when you fiddled with it?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 04:29 PM

How long had it sat for? Bad gas maybe? How long since it ran and ran well? What changed in that time frame?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 710XX
+3mm HotRods stroker crank
CP 11:1 piston
Port & Polish (myself)
HotCam 3
Velocity intake
Barker exhaust (w/ QC and sparky)
PCV (dyno tuned)
Pro Armor nerf bars, Kenda Kutters (x4), CCP stabalizer

post #4 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
blackflame,
Fuel is turned on, Correct? Very hard to read. Get down with flash light to verify.
Sid
post #5 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Off the the top of my head , valves need checking or bad battery. Curious on the programmer and what you had and changed ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 19 Old 10-01-2012, 06:00 PM

check if getting fuel and fire, compression,just adjusted my valves after 300 hrs on stk motor the exhaust valves was way out of spec which caused it to run like shit not idle, hard to start and decompressor not to work right,if i would of run it any longer like that i could of dropped a valve which would have been more costly

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 19 Old 10-02-2012, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Got a couple plugs on order, i know how to wrench, but do you take the plugs out of these? Do you have to remove anything? Looked kind of tight in there. I also think i will unplug the programer when i install the new plug and see how it runs. I have no clue what the quad been through or even if the programmer is working right.. I will check the connections first.
post #8 of 19 Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 PM

remove spark plug cap without tearing it maybe with needlenose, i think its a5/8 plug socket and take plug out ,i can barely do it without taking tank off , i wear rubber latex gloves and it helps me grip the plug once you break it loose and thread it out. some people on here like doing it with the tool kit that came under the seat,especially on the trail. if fingers is too big take gas tank loose which is a painintheass just to change the plug but it can be done without doing that!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #9 of 19 Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you have a fuel programmer make sure all the connections are connected. On my power commander the small connection got disconnected this winter and caused the quad to act up.
post #10 of 19 Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Ok pulled the plug and i have no spark, i'll be picking up new ones this week. It was pretty black. Couple questions on my Dynojet programmer, i have no clue about it. What should it look like when i'm cranking it over and what should it look like once it is running? Can you tune it without going online and if so how? I would take it off but there is a pipe and a aftermarket intake on it.
Thanks
Steve in Ct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode