LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
air box mod worth it or not ???

well from the start most of you might know i am involved in another post about racing an ltr 450...... i was out for a quick run to see if i could get a little better hang on gettig the holeshot, after about 30 min or so i decided to come home and give my bike a quick look over, makeing sure the right air was in the tires, chain was lubed and oil was at the right levels ect ect then i though HMMMMM wonder how dirty my air filter is.....

well i took the lid of and suprisingly clean then under the air box lid their is this plastic piece that is held on by 4 screws it sort of funnles the air to the sides.

i took this off and am currious will i get more air flow or just better flow or both ????? by taking this off am i changing air/fuel ratio at all ???

i noticed the ehs lid doesnt have this piece on the bottem and iam currious is it worth it to leave it off ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Ask Jeff - he can attest to how well it works. His quad vs mine after a full day of riding in the mudd.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 30 Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
so in short your telling me it will let more mud in ? well i usually dont ride in mud any way and when i do its usually vary little 6" tops

post #4 of 30 Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Ask Jeff - he can attest to how well it works. His quad vs mine after a full day of riding in the mudd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hawk View Post
so in short your telling me it will let more mud in ? well i usually dont ride in mud any way and when i do its usually vary little 6" tops
Yep. Mud, dirt, sand, water - all of it. With out the lid it turns into a bucket... QUICK!

Gary had the EHS lid on his and he and I went everywhere together... i had to drain my airbox twice. His was almost bone dry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #5 of 30 Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 PM

I removed the inner plastic piece right away, before i got the EHS lid. Its made to funnel the water and stuff away from the filter, down to the bottom of the box. I did notice that with the inner piece removed, my filter took quite a beating.Not a problem with the EHS kits, since they are watertight, after a little shoo-goo

08 700XX, FMF pipe, PC3, Velocity filter, OMF Beadlocks, PRM nerfs, bumpers and skids, Maxxis Razr's font and rear, Sonic anti-roll bar( BEST MOD AVAILABLE), Vapor dash, Pro-taper bars

01 Busa 500+ hp, carbon fiber rocket Velocity/Garrett powered, TotalKaos Built
08 B-king stock for now
post #6 of 30 Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM

I have cut the hole top off my air box lid,, added a small bit of plastic at the front to help form it a bit, (I have a pclll for fuel) ,,, anyway it goes like a raped dog now,,, tons of dirt, mud, everything gets in there, but as long as your filter is well oiled nothing will pass though,, and clean your filter every ride,,,I have three filters !!! on a super dusty trail I use two in a day,, you can hear the pipe go dull as the bike gets to rich from a dirty filter!!!
post #7 of 30 Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 AM

water tight? As in water above the seat? I need a good option.. almost killed my bike last weekend in an unexpected deep ass hole.
post #8 of 30 Old 04-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Other than making a snorkle, you'll be out of luck. Here's something that I did on my last creek ride that served me very well.

I pulled out the water plug and left it out. This way my air box wasn't a catch basin for everything that entered the box. The water deflector that is part of the stock lid did a pretty good job of keeping the water and gunk out of the filter. You could also put this same deflector back in with the EHS lid setup and serve the same purpose.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 30 Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM

I wonder when K&N will make one of their airbox lids for this thing?
post #10 of 30 Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRP530 View Post
I wonder when K&N will make one of their airbox lids for this thing?
I wondered that same thing at first but i've turned anti K&N lately because of all the dust and issues. I had one on the quad and in my diesel and pulled them both out. I did the same thing with my z28 a few years ago and went back to paper filters. Quad has a foam filter and was INFINITELY easier to clean this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode