User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More power to XX

Hello everybody!

I am beginner with this nice bike and now i need some more power in it.
I will be riding trails and some desert racing type of riding, so i hope to get power to lower mid range rpm's too.

Now i need advices where to spend my money from you who know this machine better.
My english is not that good and that's why it is really hard read every topic from this very informative forum.

- Cam: wich cam you suggest to my type of riding.

-Head: porting of course, but stock valves, or +1, or even bigger??

- Intake and throttlebody: what intake you suggest and is there any aftermarket TB:s for sale or just stock ones bored +3mm oversize?

- Fuel/ignition module: Many of you seem to like EHS bullet box, but that module works only for adjusting fuel right?
What have you done for ignition? Or rev limiter?

- Exhaust: I'am looking for quite silent exhaust with good power output. Barkers seems to work fine with EHS Bullet Box, but is there some other?

- Big bore kit: Has BBK any advantage compared to high compression standard bore. What about reliability?

-Crankshaft: This is something i will do, but is there some other version available than Hot Rods +3mm?

I know that there is many guestions, but those mods i have planned to do IF you guys think they are worth of wasted money.

If you some aftermarket parts to XX for sale, let me know.

Thanks for your help.
(+358) O4OO-883I37

Last edited by jussa79; 11-26-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Holy smokes man! Do you have a Lamborgini you need to beat? The only time I have ever had a power problem is when I tried to pull up 75 feet of underground power cable. I had to use my wifes 4x4 and it had problems. Just my preferance but for me a 13tooth sprocket will give you the low end enough. I have never had problems in the dunes. My recomondation, before you go crazy use it in the places your going to ride first, see how it does, who it won't beat, (not many likely) then make changes. you may find that a few tweeks here and there will give you what you need and won't keep your machine layed up in the shop. Heck all the snow you get put on some skis and a pair of Mat Tracks.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-23-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoshoe View Post
Holy smokes man! Do you have a Lamborgini you need to beat? The only time I have ever had a power problem is when I tried to pull up 75 feet of underground power cable. I had to use my wifes 4x4 and it had problems. Just my preferance but for me a 13tooth sprocket will give you the low end enough. I have never had problems in the dunes. My recomondation, before you go crazy use it in the places your going to ride first, see how it does, who it won't beat, (not many likely) then make changes. you may find that a few tweeks here and there will give you what you need and won't keep your machine layed up in the shop. Heck all the snow you get put on some skis and a pair of Mat Tracks.
Thanks for your reply.

I agree, that there is nice amount of power even in the stock engine, but i still want some more and reliability is really important.

Here in Finland we do not have many Lamborghinies, but some other guite fast machines like this one (i will not be racing on ice...):

I will be riding trails and roads "rally raid" type navigation "races" where speeds are usually 50-65mls/h, so i think i need to go to 15 front sprocket.
That is the reason why i sold my Renegade, cause it was hard and expensive to change gearings to it.

Another thing was fuel economy, cause my Renegade used about 13 litres/65miles. I think XX takes about half of that?

I hope that when i get little more power to my XX it runs 65mls/h nice and smooth without engine reving too much.
Daily routes can be 100-350 miles in those "races" what i will be riding, so reliable power is what i am looking for.

Here is little video for you to see what kind of roads i will be riding in Finland:

post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
That link to second video you posted, I seen nothing in that you would need more than 4th gear in a stock Trx700. If you have the funds and the means than certainly do all the work you mentioned! But you may just be impressed with the factory ride! I think the best thing you can do is change the air filter. And then the sway bar is a must have in my book! After this get the full exhaust and a fuel programmer to complete the Big 3. Then maybe go for a drop in stage 3 cam. And after this maybe more...Or if I had the money this would be a option of choice, after the big3 is complete

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRX700XX-STA...item2c54463bf0

oh yea don't forget the tyres!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-26-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
That link to second video you posted, I seen nothing in that you would need more than 4th gear in a stock Trx700. If you have the funds and the means than certainly do all the work you mentioned! But you may just be impressed with the factory ride! I think the best thing you can do is change the air filter. And then the sway bar is a must have in my book! After this get the full exhaust and a fuel programmer to complete the Big 3. Then maybe go for a drop in stage 3 cam. And after this maybe more...Or if I had the money this would be a option of choice, after the big3 is complete

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRX700XX-STA...item2c54463bf0

oh yea don't forget the tyres!
Thanks for your advices!

I do agree, that sway bar is must on XX!

In that video we were on some of the smallest roads from that day where speed is low, so i think XX will do that easily.
Video is just for show what kind of riding i'll do with XX.

I have ridden XX only few time and without GPS, so i do not know speeds, but XX pulls very nice even now when its stock.
I still hope to get better acceleration on 4-5th gear to get it sideways easier.
I know that sway bar will make it easier, but power is also nice thing to have...

As i told, i hope to get engine wich can run all day long 65ml/h and temporarily 75-80ml/h but still accelerate guite fast.
That is why i hope to get informations from you guys what mods i should do and what is absolutely waste of money or will be bad for durability.

I have crf450 with Athena 490BBK and HotRods +3 crank with ported head and and stg2 HotCams.
I really like that setup, cause there is so much power that even i have geared it really long it still accelerates good.

Thanks again for your tips!
post #6 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM

The best option for you is doing the work one time and buying the right parts. If you want good reliable power then stay with the stock bore cylinder, big bore kits vibrate bad If the piston is not matched to the weight of the crankshaft. 11:1 CP piston or 12.5:1 if you can buy race gas in your area, a Web 290 camshaft, hard welded rockers and heavier valve springs. A +1 port and polish on the head, and a nice quality full exhaust. I would suggest motoworks if you want to keep it quiet. You will also need a programmer and with the extensive motor work I would suggest a dynojet PC5. This setup will have to be dyno tuned to get the proper air to fuel mixture and you should pull 60+ horse power. Also some heavier springs for your clutch.

Pro Armor Fatpeg Nerfs
Pro Armor Skidplate
Razr 2's all around
Dynojet PCV
Curtis Sparks X6 Exhaust
PRM Desert II Bumper
CP 11:1 piston
WEBB 290 Cam
Ported +1 head by Bo White
HDD +3 Throttle Body

Loud Pipes Save Lives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode