User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Chain dressing what do you use?

I have used honda and PJ1 as well and a generic. have not noticed a differance.
Hows about you race guys? or just the stuff the sponsor gives you?

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I use Bel Ray super clean chain lube. Started using it probably a decade ago because the other stuff I was using would fling off and make a mess. This stuff doesn't make a mess, so I kept using it.

Really no reason why I keep using the Bel Ray stuff, figure just about any lube will work, just keep using what I know.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Honda chain lube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog

post #4 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 PM

Maxima chain wax is what I use. Heat up the chain spray it on let it sit for a few minutes and it wont fling off. My last chain last from 08 till just last month so seems to be doing the job.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 PM

i have tried them all and like maxima chain wax the best so far, it wont fling off and is cleaner, by cleaner i mean it doesnt attract dust, dirt, ect. if i see something down the road that might be better i will prolly try that!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 11 Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
I use Bel Ray super clean chain lube. Doug
I too like this stuff. I used it for awhile, then went to restock and all they had was the smaller cans. So I bought some cheap stuff supposed to be specifically formulated for Suzuki's S moly Stuff was like water but had some weird foaming action. Then I tried some Maxima chain wax which I'm not a fan of either. Then I tried the PJ1 blue label, which is okay but, it's not the Bel Ray. I wish I would of just bought the smaller can, then I wouldn't have a shelf of 3 can's, some I wont ever use on my quad again, but it's cool for the kids lol.

http://www.belray.com/bel-ray-super-clean-chain-lube price this stuff then your stuff and well you know what they say, "you get what you pay for".

Somewhere I herd or read, you should clean your chain, dry, lube, and then wax. Not sure but I've done this a time or two, trying to use up my stock, lol!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I use PJ1 and have for some time. I now have a new chain (Sidewinder Titanium) so may try the chain lube they recommend... their own.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #8 of 11 Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I've been using Bel Ray for a long time. It's the only one I have found that after you go through a mud pit, you wash your quad off, and the wax is still on the chain, and you can notice it. It is a pain to get it off compared to some of the others if you are anal retentive like me with cleaning things, but a grunge brush works awesome.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 11 Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
I use Bel Ray super clean chain lube. Started using it probably a decade ago because the other stuff I was using would fling off and make a mess. This stuff doesn't make a mess, so I kept using it.

Really no reason why I keep using the Bel Ray stuff, figure just about any lube will work, just keep using what I know.

Doug

This is on sale now at rockymountain the big bottle for $4.99!!!
Alos use discount code "SAVE2013" for 10% off and other brands like honda oil, tusk, motion pro, yamalube, primary drive and maybe more code good tile 3/31/13....

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #10 of 11 Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM

thats a good deal i am going to get one , the local shop around here doesnt carry belray or id be using it instead of chain wax! i like belray products.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode