Engine cutting out! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Engine cutting out!

I took my 700xx out riding last weekend at Red river trails in Bulcher,TX and bike ran great except when I did a few shallow water crossings at the creek the bike ignition seemed to start cutting out. Stopped and looked in the air box and no water in there. It was just shallow water maybe 2-3 inches deep did not submerge the bike just had some water spray up on engine and bike and me when I did it. I looked at spark plug rubber cap and it looked good. Anyone had similar problems to this on there 700xx?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
There was someone on here who posted about what seems to be very same problem... You could do a search to find the post... But, he found the problem was water shorting out wires going to a switch by his rear brake pedal... or was it the other side???

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Its the neutral and reverse sensor behind the sifter on the other side.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7109

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM

Garage
I'm in the process of trying to have my buddy fabricate me a shield for those sensors. Something that slides over the sifter and bolt's to the case in a couple of spots. I have broken my second sensor and changed wire harness once. So were just trying to come up with something to protect that area. It's embarrassing when crossing a creek you have to baby it to get across, or risk staling out all together.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #5 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. I will try to fab a Sheild or seal it up and post it back with pics.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Also I did not notice a reverse light on but i was too busy trying to get up a creek bank with no power. it did seem like the rev limiter was on so I will try to seal up the sensor and connector. Thanks again.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvtexskeeter View Post
Also I did not notice a reverse light on but i was too busy trying to get up a creek bank with no power. it did seem like the rev limiter was on so I will try to seal up the sensor and connector. Thanks again.
Well if your reverse light still comes on when in reverse, you know its not un hooked. My harness boot had a tear in it and let water in. I used the dielectric grease and re-installed. But later it happened again and ended up cracking the ceramic part of sensor a couple times. To access this easier, I remove side cover and heel guard. Made it a lot easier to access, and well worth the time.

post #8 of 8 Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvtexskeeter View Post
Thank you very much. I searched the forum and didn't find anything. I will try to fab a Sheild or seal it up and post it back with pics.
Thanks you will most likely be done before me. The shield I'm wanting my buddy to fab is not to keep area sealed, but just to protect the wires from debris. like somewhat of a guard.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost...67&postcount=6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode