Vapor Dashboard - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Vapor Dashboard

Has anyone used this product and if so, are you happy with it. http://trailtech.net/trx700xx.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been wanting to put one on my 400EX for a while. My friend had one on his KFX700, it was pretty sweet. If you do get one, I would suggest getting a dashboard for it, too. You can mount it without one, but it's looks a lot better and is protected with the dashboards.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 05-19-2009, 02:24 PM

I'm using the 1 1/8" dashboard for my Flexx bars. Problem I had with it was fit/finish for the plastic mount adapter. I ended up having to take off the metal wire clamps that are on the stock piece. I didn't realize this until afterwards, but there are instructions on the TrailTech website that tell you to do that as well. After that, the plastic adapter fit fine. It works well, and still looks nice. I only wish there was a way to utilize the stock adapter because the stock plastic (where the indicator lights are mounted) looks nicer than the Trail Tech plastic.
As far as the Vapor itself, I haven't installed it all the way yet. The magnetic bolt for the speedometer is too high up on the caliper to be read correctly if you install it the way Trail Tech tells you to. Another guy on the forum here said he just had to pick a different spot on the hub to drill and it works fine.
My buddy has a 450R has has the Vapor as well, and he is very pleased with it. It's nice to have a speedometer, tach, and he gets a lot of use out of the temperature gauge as well.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets

post #4 of 11 Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, might buy one in the future, sounds pretty good.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have a buddy who is now on his 3rd one. Simply cleaning his quad he's had two give up the ghost.

Rocky mountain ATV's reviews on them follow along the same lines with a LOT of people not happy with them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 11 Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Scratched off the list. Sometimes I don't want to know how fast I am going
LC
post #7 of 11 Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Nash, so far the dashboard has proven to be a good clamp for my bars. I would definitely recommend getting the dash if you end up getting the Vapor. It's just more secure. Otherwise you end up trying to use this little plastic clamp to attach the Vapor to your handlebars, and it's just not that secure.
If you don't end up getting the Vapor, and you are still looking for handlebar clamps then TT sells it without the housing for the Vapor as well. But at that point you have a lot more options for handlebar clamps - might be able to find some that are just as good but less expensive.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets
post #8 of 11 Old 05-20-2009, 09:44 PM

hey nash i have that on mine and its great, it even took a 45mph roll over in dixon this week and protected the vapor, can say too much about my left front wheel and rear right wheel bent both and front tie rod, whoooo hooo sick crash , but walked away ....
post #9 of 11 Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 PM

grin

I'm loving mine, No issues with the Pro Taper and ODI grips!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trail Teck.JPG (150.9 KB, 44 views)
post #10 of 11 Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Racer

What did you hit...a slow lady driver, lol!! at least you're ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode