Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Exhaust Upgrade - DMC or FMF?

8K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  scuzz 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about upgrading to a full system from just a slip-on. I see a lot of people talking about the FMF 4.1 w/Powerbomb, and being pleased with it. Does anyone have any experience with DMC exhausts?? I was looking at their Afterburner full system and this is what the manufacturer has to say about it:

2008-2009 Honda TRX700XX COMPLETE SYSTEM
Comp System Under 102db
21.5% Increase in Horsepower
19.9% Increase in Torque
4.75 lbs. weight savings over stock
Developed and manufactured to take your Honda off the map, your TRX700XX just a HUGE leap on the competition.

The Full System loads you up with a 21.5% horsepower increase and 19.9% torque increase with just under 5 pounds of weight savings compared to stock! As a competition system, this bad boy gets you moving, but holds its throat at 102db. So, if you have some place you wanna go, this full DMC system is the answer!
Anyone have a verdict or theory on which one is better?
DMC's numbers are almost too good to believe, but they're coming straight from the manufacturer.

#3 ·
I'm a firm believe in HMF...I have the Bill Ballance Series exhaust...It is seriously loud, I guess its due to the Big Bore...my 400EX was never that loud! lol

And scuzz...that sig is freakin' awesome! lol

#4 ·
Should hear this pipe on a Renegade 800 Twin.:rock:

#8 ·
Unless it was the reverse megaphone style on the DMCs (like the force 4 duals for other quads have) I would not use DMCs, FMFs are overrated and overpriced in my opinion. From HMF I have seen nothing but good dyno sheets on all other quads, these guys know how to make them, they are usually one of the cheapest and with the most colors!

#13 · (Edited)
FMFs are overrated and overpriced in my opinion.
So are Ferraris but its still the best thing out there.

Again I point to the trophies on the wall. Performance and championships speak for themselves. Several ppl have pointed out they perfer a "sound" that a pipe makes, if that's what u like, then that's what u like. BUT, sound doesn't win races, performance does.

FMF = Ferrari :) IMHO

#9 ·
I just installed the 2 Bros pipe. I don't know if it's the Razr's or the pipe but the freakin thing just wants to stay in the air. It's a loud mofo though, and I like it.lol

#10 ·
I love my Yoshi pipe. I've heard the FMF and HMF in person and didn't really like them. Much, much, much too loud and no more HP then my Yoshi. You cannot beat Yoshimura quality either.

#24 ·
Same here. I had a "custom 2bros" exhaust and now i realize it didn't have enough back pressure and its was WAAAAAAAAAAAY to loud. I bought the Yosh, and would never look back. Great sound, Great looks... just don't spray the sticker at the carwash, the red parts will come off :(

#12 ·
I'm still torn on which pipe to get.

#14 ·
WhiskyDelta,

What are you looking for in a pipe? Pure HP? Longevity? Loud? Quiet? Looks?

Dave01 has had (to my knowledge):

1. The Yoshimura slip on
2. The 2Bros Slip on
3. The FMF slip on with the FMF header.

He can probably give you a better view into mufflers for the 700xx as he has had (lol) the most on here.

I was going to go with the full FMF but decided that I wanted something a little quieter and since the difference in hp numbers IMO is negligible between slipons I went Yoshimura because it's a little quieter. FMF now has the header which mates to their slipon, but honestly I'm a trail guy and spend very little time in 4th or 5th gear. I'm sure if I sand dragged or had my quad racing in the open desert or dunes I would have gove FMF to get the most out of my engine, but as I mentioned before, I'm a trail guy.

#16 ·
I was going to go with the full FMF but decided that I wanted something a little quieter and since the difference in hp numbers IMO is negligible between slipons I went Yoshimura because it's a little quieter. FMF now has the header which mates to their slipon, but honestly I'm a trail guy and spend very little time in 4th or 5th gear. I'm sure if I sand dragged or had my quad racing in the open desert or dunes I would have gove FMF to get the most out of my engine, but as I mentioned before, I'm a trail guy.
I completely agree with you here. It's the perfect trail exhaust. My friend has a Yoshimura on his 450R and it sounds perfect. Not obnoxiously loud, but loud enough, sounds nice and throaty, looks good. I think I'm sold on the Yosh.

Where did you get yours?

Also, on this one eBay listing, they list the slip on including a low volume insert, stainless steel header and midpipe, and an aluminum muffler sleeve for $356 shipped. Full Yosh system?

Listing

#17 ·
Dont think so, I think they screwed the ad up. Checked on the Yoshi site and only slipon is shown. THe yoshi site says aluminum muffler sleeve and stainless steel mid pipe. You could always email the store in ebay and ask.

#18 ·
Yeah, I checked the Yosh site and thought the same thing.

#20 ·
How much?

#23 ·
Open Dunes = full system by whoever makes one in my opinion.

Sand eat HP like nothing else...but you already know that.

If I were you, riding in the places you do - I'd buy an FMF.

Also, I know no one with a DMC, so I can't even give you second hand advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.