User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2013, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do Rear CV joints give trouble

Hi there,
Thinking of buying TRX700XX, just wondering if they give any trouble with the CV joints and boots.I have an outlaw525irs and they where out often
Cheers Xoutlaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 AM

No and get some prm skids and they will be protected only issue with the rear end is to grease the right axle splines or the wear and rust solid
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2013, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club! As far as your question goes 500Rubie is right about the axle splines, or inboard joints as Honda calls them. To check the quad before you buy, just simply grab right axle and give it a shake it. If there's play, near the center carrier then it's bad how much play determines how bad. The repair isn't to bad, Around $300 and it used to take 2 weeks for s/o parts.

As far as the skids I would only recommend buying from this guy, super prices and best fit! He also has complete deals with chassis skids nerf ect...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Hond...item4abf37373e

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 09-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-08-2013, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Cheers for that guys, i will take that all on board
post #5 of 6 Old 09-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
We had a outlaw that use to ride with us.. It was forever eating bearings and bushes...
I,ve ridden 6000 miles off road on the trx now and only the right hand drive shaft a little wobbly but all the bushes still solid !
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Yea i no what you mean. they are an awesome bike to ride but just don't last the distance.
6000 miles is impressive. Currently there is only one trx700 for sale here in NewZealand but there is guy who imports quads for the US and he has one coming in at the end of the month so need get outlaw fixed and sell it. From every thing I've read and heard the trx700 is for me. Can't wait to get my hands on one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode