25-10x12 rear tires - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
25-10x12 rear tires

Ok, I am looking at some Innova Mud Gear tires, i talked to a guy from OMF who said hed get me a 10 wide by 12 tall rim and i talked to our local mechanic and he told me dropping one tooth on the front to a 13t and going up one in the rear would basically gear it down a little bit from the stock version, but it will have good mud tires on. ordered a FMF 4.1 slip on and a pc3 usb, to kindof counter any power lost on the big tires.
My question to you all is,has anyone put 12'' rims on their xx yet? or has anyone put 25'' tires on it? what kindof clearance do tires that size have on the bike? the only place im worried about it being close is the heel holds behind the footpegs, are there any aftermarket ones that are farther from the tires and closer to the pegs? would it be advisable to take them off and just ride on pegs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 PM

That would be extermely dangerous, wouldn't do that if i were u, just my opinion.

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #3 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Um...I don't know about it being dangerous, but it would make the quad a little taller (by only an inch and a half mind you)

I think you can leave the heelgards on, but it might be tight. (no heel guards would be the most dangerous thing to me)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

When they measure tires do they measure the tread too? or just the basic part of the tire? cus if they measure the tread i will be fine on clearance, but if they dont, it will be really tight, there is only maybe 2.5 inches of clearance between the stock tire(top of tread) and the heel guards, maybe 3 inches from the inside of the treads to the guards.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsshelton View Post
When they measure tires do they measure the tread too? or just the basic part of the tire? cus if they measure the tread i will be fine on clearance, but if they dont, it will be really tight, there is only maybe 2.5 inches of clearance between the stock tire(top of tread) and the heel guards, maybe 3 inches from the inside of the treads to the guards.
Depends on the tire. Some measure true, others are out of whack.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-03-2009, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Remember that from a 20 to a 22 inch tire only grants you 1 inch of clearance (or lack therof)

Like Chris said though, your results may vary according to how the manufacturer deems measuring them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 11 Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM

I´m getting MSA Nuke 12" rims for mine.. will make adapters for the odd boltpattern.
Im going for the swamplitetires in 25" and will do whatever mods that it takes
Didn´t wanna swap my quad for a 4x4 but still wants to ride more extreme in the forests.
I will post here after ivé got my parts!
post #8 of 11 Old 09-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
I bought the 24" tall tire and I rub when I jump. I wouldn't go 25", I honestly think its too tall. Also I'd just drop one or two teeth on the front sprocket, its a lot easier than swapping the rear. If you get the 25" tire post some pics, I'm curious to see how it looks. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 11 Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 PM

If you're wanting a mud tire, look at the vampires from interco. They make a 22" tall tire for a 10" wheel. That you could do easily on our quads. I wouldn't do a 25" tire though. Not only would it be really tall, i think it'd look like hammered poo.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #10 of 11 Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
If you're wanting a mud tire, look at the vampires from interco. They make a 22" tall tire for a 10" wheel. That you could do easily on our quads. I wouldn't do a 25" tire though. Not only would it be really tall, i think it'd look like hammered poo.
The only vampire from interco I can see is

22x12.5x10...

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=29&g=3

Which one? These look bad @ss..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode