A tough decision, need some help - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A tough decision, need some help

I'm basically down to the last step of deciding which tires i want, I ride in mud basically all the time, i dont race and we dont have sand hils in AK so i wont be doing that. here are the options, i just need some input and help on deciding. Keep in mind i am only buying rear tires, i will put rims on the fronts as well, but im really only worried about the rears:

ITP Mud Lite XL, 1 inch of tread, total size 25-10x12, on a 12 tall by 10 OMF rim.

or

Innova Mud Gear, 2/3 inch of tread, total size 24-10x11, on a 11 tall by 10 Beadlock Specialties rim.

Any input is helpful, if anyone knows about how the ITP's work over other brands or if anyone has heard about the Innova's i would like to know. also if you guys have input on the extra half inch of clearance the 25'' tire may give i would love to hear it. either way i am putting a 13t front sprocket on and then i will play with the rear to fine tune what i need, but just input on which tires you all think would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mud lite's work awesome in mud. The Innova's I have zero experience with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Mud lite's work awesome in mud. The Innova's I have zero experience with.
Mudlites suck nuts. POS tire. Zillas are the best all around tire out right now.

post #4 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisj View Post
Mudlites suck nuts. POS tire. Zillas are the best all around tire out right now.
I've got several buddies with them and they are all very happy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 PM

check out this thread, there maybe some options you may have missed.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...ighlight=sizes

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #6 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

so i found a Maxxis Zilla in a 25-10x12 with 3/4 tread, less than the ITP but more than the innova, plus they weigh less than both. But how does their tread work in mud? now im not talking the occasional mud puddle, we ride in deep mud, like swamps up to the top of the rims most of the time. Would the Zilla treads do good in deep mud? anyone have some experience with this?
post #7 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 PM

My buddies live in South Mississippi and this is where they actually export mud out to other mud poor states. The mud lites worked well there and help up well too. Mind you these were, on the majority, on 400cc quads with the exception of two raptors (one 660 and one 700) The clean out was very good.

post #8 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsshelton View Post
so i found a Maxxis Zilla in a 25-10x12 with 3/4 tread, less than the ITP but more than the innova, plus they weigh less than both. But how does their tread work in mud? now im not talking the occasional mud puddle, we ride in deep mud, like swamps up to the top of the rims most of the time. Would the Zilla treads do good in deep mud? anyone have some experience with this?
There's a Zilla in 24/10/11. Trust me they outperform any Mudlite. They're lighter, wear very well, handle high speed, they clean out, and runs very smooth for how aggressive it is. I had the mudlights on the kfx700 and switched to Zillas and the difference is night and day.
post #9 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Have u thought about Maxxis Big Horns great tire! I had 2 sets they never wear out great in any situation I mean any, not aggresive smmooth ride great clean out. My brother has ITP XTR's i could go any where he could. Any where, without a problem! Just my thoughts.

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #10 of 17 Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisj View Post
There's a Zilla in 24/10/11.
I would buy them for this reason alone. I would be leary of 10" rims for trail use on a 700xx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode