LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Fox Float X Evol Setup info!

Trying to get the ride the ride height adjusted. The manual tells me,

When making air pressure adjustments, always adjust the EVOl air chamber first.
typical settings between 100-200 lbs. Then set main chamber, typical 25-50 lbs.

And you can call 800 fox shox for settings on weight and vehicle, mon-fri 8-5.
So I just guess at setting Evol chamber in the middle 150 lbs. and main chamber 45 lbs. Ride height was still way low in the front. So before going crazy or lowering the rear, I research good old YouTube, and find this video.

In this video around the 4:05 mark they say just the opposite, fill main chamber and then the evol chamber? Video appears to be from a valid source, so I'm wondering if manul if wrong or video? And tips or comments please! I plan to ride on these tommorrow.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dang it sounds like you opened up a can of wigglers ! shock setups like this is very hard to do and even harder on the air shock becuse adjustment is infiniti / forever! it is all trial an error the elkas are usually easier to dial in because there is less on the adjustments because of the air and also i know the fox fronts are way lighter in weight!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #3 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I set the main chamber first then the evolv. I think once you give them a call you will get it straightened out quick

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #4 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
I think I set the main chamber first then the evolv. I think once you give them a call you will get it straightened out quick
I hope so, but I think I'm taking them off for Sundays ride. Not to sure about the way the front end compresses and doesn't pop back up. Not to mention the ride height is low even w/out compressing.

But there manual clearly says evol chamber 1st them main. And the main is smaller, makes me wonder?

setting up the
float x evol
Follow these steps in order to setup your
FLO AT X EVOL shocks:

step 1 Ensure that your ATV is safely supported
on a stand with the front wheels off
the ground and the suspension fully
extended.

step 2 Set the desired pressure in the EVOL
air chamber using the FO X pump (see
using the FOX pump on page 5).
When making air pressure
adjustments, always adjust the
EVOl air chamber first.

step 3 Set the desired pressure in the MAIN
air chamber.

step 4 Lower the vehicle off the stand.
Measure and set rider sag, as described
in the next section.
You should be able to see a small
line of oil on the outside of the
shock, which indicat es the maximum
compression of the shock. You can
measure the location of this line
as a useful reference of maximum
compression travel.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 10-19-2013 at 05:59 PM.
post #5 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM

I would do what the manual says, after all, Fox knows their shocks best. I know when I ran Evols on one of my 450R's I always set the Evol chamber first. Maybe try giving Fox a call on Monday and ask their opinion on this video. I bet they tell you to follow their manual.

As far as evol pressure, I would try around 150 psi. Main chamber is easy, just set it based on what ride height you want. So if you start at 40 psi and you need more ride height, try 45, then 50, etc. untill you get the ride height you want. Take the quad for a ride. If the front is bottoming, then add pressure to the evol chamber. If you don't feel botoming out, then remove a little air from the evol chamber. There is ALOT of testing required with any shock to get a setup you like, Evols's take even more. Don't be afraid to experiment. I felt the manual was pretty good in giving you setup tips, read it through a few times.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #6 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Doug,

I tried and tried on the ride height, it just don't appear to come up. And I'm not sure why when I put weight on the front bumper the nose drops and doesn't pop up when I release pressure. I started with 150 ib the Evol and 45 in the main. Because that was the middle of each range. Then went up to 200/60 And still nose drops and stays down and ride height was still low. Maybe these don't spring back into place like a spring shock? When I took them off and put my Elka's back on I noticed the Elka's are quite a bit longer than the Fox Floats. Eye to Eye on the floats is 16 3/4".

post #7 of 28 Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 PM

they should rebound just like your elkas and not stay compressed

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #8 of 28 Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
adjust main 1st then evol the main is the bottom one I have mine at 45 an 145
post #9 of 28 Old 10-20-2013, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
adjust main 1st then evol the main is the bottom one I have mine at 45 an 145

So you agree with the video and not the manual. What about the rebounding? When I step on my front bumper to compress shocks, if I step off it stays down. If I bounce off, it will rebound maybe 1/2 way back up.

post #10 of 28 Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 AM

the rebound clicker may be adjusted to the slowest and you may have to play with the rebound clicker to make it rebound like you want it to

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode