Speaking of ******* nerfs - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speaking of ******* nerfs

Just got my DG Factory Nerfs with Rear Nets. Instructions = FAIL. Fitment = FAIL. Does anyone have these on their XX??
Serious fitement issues with this one. I'm almost 100% sure I have the bracket on correctly, but can't be totally sure since the instructions suck so bad. I don't see where else the bracket would go, but none of the bolt holes really line up right with plastics/frame. Problem now is it tells me to put the original bolts into the footpeg frame, but I can't. The original bolt is like 40mm long, and the space between the bolt holes and first webbing mount on the nerf is more like 20mm so it's like physically impossible to angle the bolt into the hole. Sorry, I don't have pics. I plan on calling DG when I get a chance (work conflicts with being able to call at the right time while they're open since I'm like 8 hours ahead) to see if they have any solutions. In the meantime, if anyone has these nerfs or has any other ideas, I'd like to hear 'em. Thanks.

EDIT 05 July:
So I finally got my nerfs on. Had to call DG who explained there was a bolt keeping the foot peg mount locked in. Once I removed that, I was able to tap out the piece and install with the original bolts. Just seems to me this would be relevant information that they would put in the instructions.

They were certainly a pain in the ass to put on, but they look good!

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets

Last edited by WhiskeyDelta; 07-05-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode