User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
understeer help??

so im new to the double x and i freakink love this bike!! I also have a 440ex and i love how it will turn on a dime and that is my only beef with the xx. It still is the best quad that ive ever ridden but i was wondering what ru guys doin to help with the understeering probs?? i see 1 guy is putting spacers in the front tires 2 help but i was wondering if any of u guys hav any other tricks that ur using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the site, Where are you in PA? A lot of the guys here are going with taller tires on the front and they say that it makes a huge difference. I`m still bone stock and fighting the same pushing condition you are but I`m working on building my dream home and that is where all my money is going. As soon as I can, I`m going with Maxxis (cheng shin) Razr 2 tires. Keep reading, alot of the guys on here swear by them. You will find all your answers here. Incredible group of people live on this site
post #3 of 42 Old 07-04-2009, 08:51 AM

The razr's will make all the difference, I perfer the 2's over the originals the knobs are taller. But u cant get 2's for the rear so I have the originals for the rear and they also make a huge difference in handleing. Some ppl on here have the sonic sway-bar system and say its the best mod there is, but I cant afford that so i dont know. Hope this helps!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)

post #4 of 42 Old 07-04-2009, 08:55 AM

Oh yea I adjusted my pre-load on my springs, (cause they were all the way soft) that helped out tons, didnt hurt the softness of the suspension at all. I went bout half way on the threads. Now she handles even better!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
post #5 of 42 Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

thanks 4 the info guys, so u think that the 22x10x11 RAZR REAR and the 23x7x10 RAZR2 FRONT will be a good setup to help with the understeer problems?? And if any of u guys would recomend a better size tires for the understeer prob than what i hav listed let me know. Thanx
post #6 of 42 Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, where are you in pa, I`m looking for some riding buddies that can keep up lol..
post #7 of 42 Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Nope thats bout all u can do far as tires u wont be disappointed.

700XX CRAZY

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
post #8 of 42 Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

So, where are you in pa, I`m looking for some riding buddies that can keep up lol..

i live in northern pa by DuBois but u have prob never heard of it were just som good ol country folk up hereee!! LOL but i was out ridin 2day really for the 1st real long ride yet on the 700 and i cant beleive the shear power of this damn thang, and the way she just floats off of jumps!! its almost like i never left the ground--till i look down and realize that im flying lol, but back to the point the only thing thats driving me crazy is that darn understeer, i just cant stand having to try 2 turn alil bit then back up and so on & so on . i just wanted 2 make sure that thoes size tires will really solve the prob be4 i spend 400 on new tires when my stock ones only have bout 9hrs on them??
post #9 of 42 Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Even with the Razr 2 fronts it will push/plow at low speeds. That is the nature of any machine with IRS. But the Razr 2 will make a HUGE difference in handling/cornering, especially at higher speeds. The stock tires are really soft and they roll really bad in corners. The Razrs are definitely worth the $, in fact I believe the consesus here is that the Razr rear/Razr 2 fronts is the single best upgrade you can do for the money. As far as spacers in the front, I say no way. That only increases the load on the already soft front shocks and will affect handling in a bad way.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #10 of 42 Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 PM

True that xx-rated the BEST MOD HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

700XX CRAZY

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode