Elka reservoir mount - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Elka reservoir mount

Does anyone know if the elka resi's would fit in the front part of the subframe?I'm not crazy about mounting them in the rear and it looks like they would fit and be better protected if they were tucked away more. I wish they just made piggyback resis for the rear, oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm24 View Post
Does anyone know if the elka resi's would fit in the front part of the subframe?I'm not crazy about mounting them in the rear and it looks like they would fit and be better protected if they were tucked away more. I wish they just made piggyback resis for the rear, oh well.
they do make piggy res for the xx there is a couple of people on here with them i think dirtrider is one but there is a couple more too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

I haven't been able to find anyone with them and I think a salesman at elka said that it was only available in remote resis but maybe they got them somewhere else. You have a link To a old thread about this?

post #4 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm24 View Post
I haven't been able to find anyone with them and I think a salesman at elka said that it was only available in remote resis but maybe they got them somewhere else. You have a link To a old thread about this?
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...ght=piggy+back

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 12-02-2013 at 10:16 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 PM

grin

if you really want them you have to some of that gold nuggets you got stashed buried in the ground . you can get them prolly but you will pay big for them, and i prolly wouldnt want them because the one on the exhaust sides fades a lot quicker from being closer to the rear exhaust cannister like the oem, ride your xx hard for about 30 min on whoops an jumps and then stop and feel the heat on right rear res as its very close to the exhaust cannister

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 14 Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
i think dirtrider is one but there is a couple more too
He has those because he got them when he bought one of Wayne Matlock's old 700XX race quads. Those are "one off" shocks. When Wayne first got a 700XX from Honda, Elka sent him those shocks and they didn't fit. Wayne was in the campground in Parker grinding on the shocks to get them to work. I will bet money Elka will NOT sell those, because they don't fit unless you modify the shocks.

Other then the couple sets Wayne had, I have never seen an after market piggyback shock for the 700XX. I guess you could have just about any shock builder put a longer hose on them and then you could mount the resivours anywhere you want, just have to figure out how long the lines need to be.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #7 of 14 Old 12-03-2013, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the pic mquick, yea I can tell that is a custom job on those shocks. I know my only option is the remotes now the question is, do I get stage 4 shocks for the rear or do I get a complete set of 4 stage 3 shocks for 100 dollars more. I would want the fronts to be long travel since I plan on getting houser arms some time in the future and the stage 2 Elkas I have aren't LT but otherwise I love my stage 2s. Idk I think I'm prob just gonna get the stage 3s since it's a bargain compared to the stage 4s.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
You should check out Motowoz. In my opinion, they are better than the elka's I've had over the years.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 14 Old 12-03-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

I've always heard good things about motowoz but I don't think I could get a set of 4 for under 1500. Plus I get 10% off and free front guards since I've bought a few pairs in the past so it's something. Also that yamaha blue coloring lol

Last edited by Jmm24; 12-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-01-2014, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just put on my new stage 5 with piggy back in the rear yesterday and rode it today but I have houser setup at first i thought they sent me the wrong shocks but they didnt so they are out there ill post a pic after i wash all the mud off of her

you dont stop riding because your to old, you get old because you stop riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode