thinking about bear claws front and rear - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thinking about bear klaws front and rear

I have been doing mostly woods riding and love the xx's capability. The stock tires are holding me back. I was going to order cutters and came across a bear claw thread here. With that being said, does anyone have 23x7x10 front and 23x8x11 rear. Anyone have this setup. I hate the front end push this bike has and would like to get something that grips nice. I know it will give the xx more of a utility look but how will it handle. thanks guys

Last edited by Motojoe; 01-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
the l8ton sway bar will cure the push.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

I did the biggest sway bar. Made a huge difference but I still feel the front slide around. My 450r was very planted. As soon as you hit the gas on the xx while turning the front looses bite. Everyone says tires help.

post #4 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Garage
Yea tires help, your body language play's a big role as well. If your on the gas and raising the front end, well with no weight on even the best tire available it wont grip.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM

Tires do help, ED's uppers make a world of difference IMO too.

KASH 2011
post #6 of 34 Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

the kutter fronts cured my front end push the oem sidewall is flimsy and flexes during slow hard turns the 6 ply stays more planted and you turn on a dime compared to the oem ,bearlaws are more of a utility quad tire and will make your steering even harder compared to a tire that should go on the xx which is a knobby type tire not tractor tire pattern bearklaws are prolly lighter than zillas which the honda ute guys like zillas better because they are one of the lightest mud tire and the price is way better than the rest of the so called mud tires which all of them have a tractor type pattern or chevron pattern

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 34 Old 01-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
You have prob seen my thread already. ive got the 23x8x11s they have a thiner contact patch so I tend to dig a little deeper. I am 240lbs and still have the stock fronts with maybe 1/4" in the knobbies, ridding around the ranch is mostly lawn and pasture so I really don't have a problem with the push. I do have to make wider turns on the lawn to limit the destruction. The problem isnt so bad with my wifes forman and stock tires. I would only think you'ld need the same tread on the front is for looks or if you had 4 wheel drive. just my $.02

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #8 of 34 Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Garage
Hey there I run a set of zillas in the back. They are an awesome tire they are 24-10-11 and they pull hard in all conditions. Very durable so far. Have OEM sized razrs in the front. It's a good setup. The razrs help eliminate most if the push up front. Maybe try some suspension adjustments to keep more weight down in the front help the tires grip a bit better. Maybe. I checked out bearclaws and preferred the zillas for the tread and weight. If I could change anything I'd bump up the size of the front tire a bit to maybe a 22 or 23. The bike has a definite forward lean now. But that also helps keep weight on the front end in the corners. But that lean may have also caused my bike to do a front flip when I hit a hole. As opposed to staying flatter and potentially riding it out. Jmo.
post #9 of 34 Old 01-04-2014, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Hey snoshoe, is the 23/8/11 much thinner than the stock tire. Compared to the stock tire does it seem much taller? Skinnier? And do you plan on getting them upfront soon?
post #10 of 34 Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdenkush View Post
The bike has a definite forward lean now. But that also helps keep weight on the front end in the corners.

You should try adjusting your front pre-load to raise the front up. The front of the quad should be slightly taller than the rear. This may be hard to do with 24's in the rear and 21's up front, but I'd crank that pre-load all the way, and see what it looks like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode