what the hell is goin on here?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what the hell is goin on here??

so 2 start off i just wana say that i think that the 700 is the best quad that i have owned!! But i bought her like 3 weeks ago and on my first ride i got a slice in the rear right sidewall bout 1 1/2 inches wide. So i bought another stock dunlop tire and that was fine. So a couple days later i went out again and what do u know i get a small puncture/slash in my rear left sidewall!! So i say the hell with the cheap dunlops and go with razr2 in the front and razr in the back, i have always used razrs on my other quads and loved them and never had any probs with them. Well went out riding again 2day and the razrs only had bout 1 1/2 hrs on them and the right rear is flat and i had 2 ride like 2 gear all the way home. now i dont consider myself 2 be a hardcore rider but i do like 2 go fast through the trails, i dont know if i need 2 adjust the shocks or what is goin on?? I weigh bout 240 and am 6ft 3 and i am ridin bout 5psi in the tires all round, i dont know what is goin on but i do know that i cant keep putin a 100 every time i ride into tires!!! PLZ HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Make sure you're not losing air at the bead. Sometimes they are not sealed well and will leak. Also I would suggest installing tubes in the rear tires as back up puncture protection. I have over 500 miles on mine in some of the nastiest rocky conditions and have yet to puncture a tire. I have slices all over them, but nothing all the way through.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #3 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 04:32 PM

I run 6 psi in the front and 5.5 psi in the rear and never had a problem it's rocky as #@$$ down here in Tennessee.

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)

post #4 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

hey thanx 4 the info i know that there not losing air at the bead cuz i can see the slice on each of the 3 tires that went flat! But as far as the tubes go that is interesting, what tupe ru running and could u give me a link 2 buy them??
post #5 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM

check out tire balls...
http://www.tireballs.com/atv.html
post #6 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got them at a local Cycle Gear so I don't have a part number or anything. They didn't have an 11" so I used a 12" tube.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #7 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

so did u have any control issues using the 12 in an 11 inch rim? i have 22x10x11 in the rear and the closes thing that i could find was the 23.5X8X11. do u think that will work cuz i wana get something 2 help from these sidewalls slashing!! And does anybody have a clue what is going on with these tires?? Maybe i should try lowering the psi from 5 to 4 and maybe go on a diet!!!
post #8 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM

sounds weird to me... been riding with them in some pretty rutted and rocky areas and not a single slash, flat, or puncture...
post #9 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #10 of 21 Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

yas i dont know what the f<<< is goin on??/ i had ridden my 400 with the razrs and never had any probs, and i really rode the 440 hard!! the only thing i can think is it is coming from the irs when im going round turns and i think that thew rim is rolling on the tire cuz when i go round a turn all the weight is on 1 of the rear tires and like i said im a pretty big guy at 240. any1 think this mght be the prob and how can i solve this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode