Teixeira upper A arms ? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Teixeira upper A arms ?

Is there any down side to the stock replacement upper A arms? I'm thinking about buying a set to get rid of the push in the front end. I'd like to keep from buying a stiffer sway bar because I don't want to loose the nice ride and I'm a smaller guy (140lbs) so I don't notice the body roll that bad but I do notice push, usually at slow speed. Thanks Guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
get some real tires and it will take away most of the push! a 500lb machine will push on 2 0r 4ply tires! get some 6 ply! if you have sxs get 8 ply !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah just waiting for the stockers to wear out before I swap them. Tech 4's XC 6ply up front and kenda kutters out back. Do you think that would do more then the A arms would?

Last edited by Lil' Blue Rude; 02-09-2014 at 06:03 PM.

post #4 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
A arms will help the push more than tires. The tires help the front bite a little better but the a arms caster adjustment will help you swing a tighter turn radius. A thicker swaybar helps a little bit also
post #5 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Is there any down side to the a arms? I'm looking for a tighter turning radius and figured the a arms was the best choice, I figured the tires will help too and like I said just waiting for mine to wear out. Been thinking about front shocks and bouncing back and forth on the idea, DS shocks would be nice but no way would I cut on the frame to clearance for them.
post #6 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Blue Rude View Post
DS shocks would be nice but no way would I cut on the frame to clearance for them.
Welcome to the club! And it's not that big of a deal to fit the ds shocks. Some have done it with out cutting on the 700xx. And it's not the frame you cut but the upper shock mount, and it's very little..

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #7 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the pics, so it could be done without cutting on the mount? Just hate to think about modding something like that. The shock would be easy, I work in a machine shop so it would take and time at all. Wonder how much meats there to take off so you wouldn't have to cut the mount?
post #8 of 28 Old 02-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Not much a 1/4" or so on the left corner. Another member here did it with out grinding on the mounts. You can see how close it is to fitting w/out any angle grinding or altering the mount.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 28 Old 02-10-2014, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Below is a link where I compared stock upper arms, Teixeira upper arms, and a 9/16" sway bar. Happy reading!

Doug

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...light=teixeira

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #10 of 28 Old 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lil blue, I have all the mods and tires your talking about having
Here is my opinion on how well the worked for me and the way I ride.
The texeria tech a arms: they eliminated almost all the push I had in my front end, even with stock bald tires. The only down side could be a little faster tire wear.

The big l8ton sway bar stiffened I'll the rear end to help cornering and sliding, I don't feel like it sacrificed much of the xx's comfort.
With these 2 installed and stock tires the xx handle so much better for me and could almost turn as tight as a 450 or better

The kutters in the rear im nut to impressed with. They do seem to wear well and are much better then stock, but there just a knob knobby.

The tech 4 up front I think for the price you can't beat em. they help the texeria tech a arms do their job better. I have no complaints.

The ds450 front shocks I was able to grind enough and the right angles from the shock I didn't grind my frame at all. I was concerned about messing with my bike. But it's a great mod for cheap!
Hope this helps ya out man

2006 ds650x-sold.
2008 trx 700xx black and grey.
13t front sprocket, barkers full exhaust, uni filter, ehs lid w/vents, pcv. 44.02hp 2/12/13
Kenda Kutters & sti tech 4 tires, Honda racing Nerfs, pro taper grips, l8ton 11/16 sway bar, ccp, teixeira tech cxc, ds450 swap, precision s&v, duro mohawks and 10pdl haulers on itp ss112 machined on 2in solid billit adaptors.

hids 8k, tt vapor, blue underglow, billet gas cap, pro armor front bumper, ricochet full skids, powermadd hand guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode