PRM skid plates? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PRM skid plates?

Looking at picking up a set of PRM plates for under the ATV? Has anyone tried them or have any input with them?

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

I think a lot of people from this forum have PRM product on their machines. I have the a-arm skids and like them. The mounting design of the a-arm guards is superior to other manufacturers in my opinion.

I DO NOT LIKE the swingarm skid that I bought for my wife's Raptor 250. It did not fit well at all.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-08-2009, 07:42 PM

I have all PRM under my 700XX. The main chassis plate was a little hard to get everything to line up, because it is one big piece. But once you do, it fits very well. The a-arm plates also fit well, and don't rattle. These are very tough plates, I've had them on previous quads and they always held up well!

post #4 of 8 Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 PM

I have PRM and they are just awesome, they are .25 thickness, overkill but cheaper than a bent chassis. The welds are top notch, super clean and no porousness!

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #5 of 8 Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's info. I will be ordering them today.

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

post #6 of 8 Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 PM

PRM makes the best skid plates I have seen for the 700. I have them on my quad and it has thousands of hard race miles on it and the PRM skid plate is holding up great.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm running PRM all the way. There is some vibration but I cut up an inner tube and put the pieces between the frame and skids and that helped

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
post #8 of 8 Old 08-17-2009, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by De700 View Post
Thanks for everyone's info. I will be ordering them today.
CJ I checked with PRM and the a-arms do not come with the skid plates, they are sold seperately. Give me a buzz tomorrow, want to know how the ride was this weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode