Why Houser arms are + 3/4" - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why Houser arms are + 3/4"

For what it's worth I have tested the 700xx @ 50'' wide with a 4/1 off set wheel, that is what we tried when we first got the quad from Honda. The reason we did 50'' wide is because that is what everybody has done. So after testing and racing a half of a season @ 50'' wide, I was talking to Bruce O at Honda and he talked me in to testing the quad @ 48'' wide. So I had the guys at Houser make me a set for that width and after testing the quad at 48'' wide you realize what a difference it makes, all of the sudden the quad felt way lighter and turned a whole lot better and most of all you can charge through stuff a whole lot faster and with more confidence than before. The 50'' thing works good on a moto x quad, and we all know this is not a moto x quad. For example, almost all the top WORCS racers run there quads at 50'' wide and at the last race Chris Borich went back there and won by a good margin on a quad that was setup a lot narrower than anyone elses. Don't get me wrong, the guy also has a lot of talent, but now all the guys that he beat are wondering about their setup. So what I am saying is before any of you jump on the 50'' band wagon and start moving the front arms 1'' forward and the rear arms 1" further back, just remember you still have to turn the thing at the end of the straight-a-way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 AM

I love turning at the end of the straight. That's when the fun begins! Good Info! What is stock width?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
I love turning at the end of the straight. That's when the fun begins! Good Info! What is stock width?
Geeze if you were smart like me you would have looked on Honda's website and found out that its 46.3" Duh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode