Sand tires?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
headscratch Sand tires??

I really need help on getting rims and sand tires for my 700xx. First up, I don't know squat about working on quads or any technical stuff. I have only been riding 2 years now and I started riding in my 60's.

There are plenty of tires for a 10" rim, but not for the 11" rim. So my problem is getting a 10" rim for the rear and getting the right rim to clear the upper a-arm and the inside of the rim. I already know to remove the mud scrapers, but don't know what will work. I also don't know anything about "offsets" or lug dimensions. This is ALL totally confusing to me and I don't understand any of it.

Also, if the rear ends up 2" wider as Simon Walton said (thank you Simon)... But, he also said something about doing something to the front to compensate for the wider rear.... 1" spacers?? custom offset rims on the fronts??

I was thinking of ITP rims... but which rim? I really don't need beadlock rims for the sand. I was also thinking of ITP Sand Star 20x11x10 tires for the rear.

HELP!! I really need to be walked through the process.

My quad is pretty much stock except for DG skid plate and bumper and is quite good for trail riding here in California which is what I mostly do. Got this particular quad for it's power, IRS and ground clearance. But, California also has great sand areas as well as Oregon and Nevada. I just don't want to leave dune riding out of my inventory because I'm an idiot when it comes to mechanical and technical things.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 AM
MFR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am using ITP 10" rims with Sand Stars. Remove the Mud Scrapers and you will have no problems. I don't use spacers however you might want to run sand tires on the front rather than stock for better turning.

ALBA Stage 3 Kit,Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm, HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust,DYNOJET Power Comander 5, DYNOJET Auto Tune, Velocity Filter, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires.

Current
(2) 2008 TRX700XX
(1) 2008 Raptor 250
(1) KTM 505XC
Past
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor660
2006 RMZ450
2000 KX250

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abe Lincoln.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
MFR

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4/144 ITP .190 T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished

http://www.rockymountainatv.com has the wheels for $71.95 and the Tires for $75.95

They have them as a package deal for a set of rears $290.80

ALBA Stage 3 Kit,Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm, HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust,DYNOJET Power Comander 5, DYNOJET Auto Tune, Velocity Filter, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires.

Current
(2) 2008 TRX700XX
(1) 2008 Raptor 250
(1) KTM 505XC
Past
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor660
2006 RMZ450
2000 KX250

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abe Lincoln.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thank you... just what I needed. I ordered sand tires and rims for both front and rear. I also ordered new meat for front and rear as my stock Dunlops are just about shot... Maxxis Razr

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #5 of 5 Old 09-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode