10" ITP wheels for 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
10" ITP wheels for 700xx

Was reading an article in Quad mag and ITP is advertising they have a new 10" rear wheel for our bike, has anybody purchase them and how do they look with our IRS system, do they have good clearance, wish I knew about this earlier, would have bought those instead of the DWT. With the 10" rims, we have a better selection of tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have them and I wouldn't recommend them for trail use and here's why. Check out the clearance between the a-arm and rim:

I haven't had any problems yet, but these are for sand only for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 31 Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 AM

post #4 of 31 Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The a-arm clearance issue is exactly why I didn't get the ITP rims when I crashed my 700 and had to replace one of the rear rims. I just got another stock rim, but will probably go with DWT when I trash the stock ones... The way I ride, that will happen sooner or later. I'm hard on equipment. As for now, I love my Maxxis tires. But as our quad gets older, more manufactures will make tires to fit the 700xx giving us more choices in the way of tires. Be patient. As it is, I plan to ride the pig snot out of my tires. When it's time to replace them, I'm betting that there will be more choices for both the tire AND rim.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 31 Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You would have thought that ITP would have spec it for the clearance. From what I can see they would be ok for trailing but not for mudding. Also the pictures do not show how much clearance they have and noticed that you've ask for more pictures. Basically if we could find a deep wheel that would give enough clearance, we can just drill them out to fit our bike.
post #6 of 31 Old 09-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have a pair of 10" ITP and have a few concerns ;

1 : Due to the offset it makes the rear 48" wide. The front is 44.5" wide.
Not good when dodging trees. Tyres fitted are Klaw XC 20x11x10
2 : The rim edgea are kinda thin and would of like a reinforcing ring on the outside ,I cannot see them lasting long on tree dodging. It gets tight sometimes.
3 : due to the width and offset .the best tyre would be a 20x9x10 which would end being a front tyre , Which leaves in the same problem as using 11" rims. No tyres suitiable.

If I was to go back a month ,I would order the DWT or OMF 11" rims and use the tyres avaible.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 31 Old 09-30-2009, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That looks badass, but Baxter has me thinking about this wheel deal. I have 11" now. But I'd RATHER one my 22x11x10 razr2's. In order for me to do this - i'd have to do it this way. Just not sure about the extra width!

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #8 of 31 Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 PM

you put 22x11x10 on ITP's . It will be just under 23" tall and add 4" to rear width. Plus mounting them on the bead will make you wince. First bead popped on at 22 psi the second after adjusting the tiedown strap off centre was 39psi. Max on side of tyre listed was 35 psi. The second tyre went on at 48 psi. With out the tiedowns the tyre would be 24" tall and odd shaped.
Not for the faint hearted !

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #9 of 31 Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM

Not having a compressor, I did mine at 3:00 AM at a truck stop!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 31 Old 09-30-2009, 06:33 PM

That must of been fun !
When ever I do atv tires ,I always remember the duck and cover from past years.
By the way ,I work on a farm where the biggest tire to date is a 900mm wide on a 42" rim. The first time I ran and forgot to take the inflater off ! Had to go back .

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode