Rear Brake Pad Wear - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Rear Brake Pad Wear

First off, I live in California and ride hard in a variety of conditions. From beach dunes at Pismo to fast forest service fire roads in the mountains and almost everything in between... except racing. Lots of hard braking in technical areas. My 700xx is less than 10 months old, but has about 150 hours on it. My rear brakes are shot and have yet to check the fronts. I'm taking my quad to the shop to have the brakes done this morning... I'm NOT a DIY sort of guy.... I don't want to spend time working on my quad myself. I just want it to be ready to ride when the weekend gets here.

Is there a replacement brake pad that has better wear?? Or do I just have to go with the OEM pads? I'm not about to change my riding style.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I just changed my rear pads and they still had 1/4" of wear left on them after a year and a half of owning my 700xx. I too ride in everything you can imagine. I replaced my front brake pads about a month or so ago and they were to the metal.

So far so good on the fronts for wear though. The mud seems to eat the front pads way more than the rear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Took my quad in to have the rear brakes done yesterday... fronts were just fine. Was going to leave my quad, but dealer did the brakes while I waited. Spent my time on their showroom checking out all the new quads and annoying the sales people. Dealer carries Honda, Yami, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Can-Am, so there were plenty of quads to check out. Quad was done in no time... just about the time the sales people were ready to throw me out because I asked too many questions about this or that quad that they knew I wasn't going to buy. Dealer did my rear brakes for free... Said it should not have worn out so fast. Also cleaned my air filter... Turns out, it isn't supposed to be black with 1/4 inch of crud caked to the outside.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #4 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #5 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
THAT is EXACTLY why I bought a Honda.
You bought a Honda because all the cute boys had one!
post #6 of 6 Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yea i got 150 and i replaced them already. i brake alot . prob replaced them around 80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode