Razr 2 vibration at high speeds - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-02-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Razr 2 vibration at high speeds

Boy was I pissed off when I purchased these razr 2 "knock off" tires for a good price (150 for both) in the stock size only to find out that they only measure 20 inches high for starters. Anyone else ever have this problem? They actually ride okay and turning is a little easier but my bike looks like a tractor with big kenda cutters out back and little bitty tires in the front. Is there any plus to running smaller front tires that I'm missing here? I also find that I have a small vibration at 100 kms that I didn't have with my razr 1 (previous tires) that I took off. Does anyone who runs the razr 2 experience a vibration at high speed? I dunno If I should get actual razr 1s cause I do a lot of road running or if these tires are just a cheap razr 2 knok off that's causing the vibration. They seem pretty well made to me. It just seems that the razr 1 tread pattern maybe works better on the road as far as vibrations go. Anyways Thanks guys for chiming in.

700xx
Ehs programmer
Ehs lid
13t sprocket
Trail tech vapour
Traxion fronts
Kenda kutter rears

Last edited by Violatorpriest; 08-03-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Violatorpriest,
When you say that you do a lot of road running do you mean on pavement? If so the tires could need balancing or they are out of round. Could also be a bent wheel or some tire pressure issues.
Sid
post #3 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
I personally never herd of those tires, till you found them. I know the GBC clones are defiantly as advertised size. And I don't have any vibrations with them, even up towards 125kph. If you do a lot of the road riding I'd think about ditching that 13t, as well as getting the tires sorted out. I like the 13t for down low torque, but a few say it takes it's toll on the engine. I have a 14 on now and will probably pickup a 15t soon.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Balancing the tires is a good idea. These 20 inch tires are too small I think anyways. I might send them back and try those gbc tires in a 22. How do they compare to a razr tire? I do a lot of both road running and slow trail riding, but I'm always looking for that extra gears in fith it seems. But I dunno if I wanna sacrifice and give up that really low geared 1st with the 13t sprocket. Thanks for the input guys

700xx
Ehs programmer
Ehs lid
13t sprocket
Trail tech vapour
Traxion fronts
Kenda kutter rears
post #5 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Garage
I had the Razr II's before I went to the GBC's. And I think they are a direct clone. They seam to be wearing well for me as well. And they are a fraction of the cost of the Razr's.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-04-2014, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Razr2,s are an amazing tyre... Ive had so many different rear tyres over the years and also EU so can ride on roads and freeway/motorways ! Rode around 30,000 miles on sports quads to date ! I do ride off road more than on though.
A real razr2 is a very high quality tyre and actually speed rated to around 80mph (i think) They are stupidly expensive though, but out perform any other tyre my riding group has tried. the grip they have over other types is quite amazing.
they are a little noisy on the road but run true.
Clones or any crap made in china though, urgg -- never round, never get a pair the exact same diameter, and when at speed they deform !
A single razr2 in the uk is around $165
post #7 of 10 Old 08-05-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Would it be safe to say that an original razr tire would make a better high speed tire on pavement then a razr 2? I dunno if I should cheap out and go with GBC's that are similar to a razr 2 tire or just go with good ol fashioned razr. I do probly 50 percent roads and 50 percent trail. So a nice smooth ride at 80mph is pretty important to me. And then there is the age old question of 22 or 23 in front. I have 22 on the back sooo I dunno.

700xx
Ehs programmer
Ehs lid
13t sprocket
Trail tech vapour
Traxion fronts
Kenda kutter rears
post #8 of 10 Old 08-05-2014, 06:49 PM

Garage
Greenball.com has been around since the late 70's. They make quality products, alot of xc racers are running there tires w/out issues. As far as the high speed tarmac, maybe you should be looking at radial tires. Also if considering 23" fronts you should know they rub certain nerf's.

post #9 of 10 Old 08-06-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hay, I read you have replaced your rear axle bearing carrier, wonder if you could turn me on to a website to purchase one as I noticed there is a lateral crack going all the way around the aluminum housing just forward of the adjustment bolt area. Never did anything to cause it , and was not there a week ago? I suppose it 's also time to go thru the whole carrier, but need to get it apart first. Ooldman.....
post #10 of 10 Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooldman View Post
Hay, I read you have replaced your rear axle bearing

threadjack....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode