LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
shock arms question

so we would all love to have the houser rear arms but when it all comes down to it all we can do is do what we can afford.

iam sold on houser front arms and fox float evol shocks up front. I have been thinking to save money i would do spacers and fox podiums on the rear.

after talking to a some one at houser i was told it would be 5 grand for houser and fox shocks on all corners.

with houser up front and fox front and rear it would cost just a hair over 3 grand...

now think if you could get a loan for shocks and arms would you go front and rear arms or front arms and spacers, now think for a few about the type of riding you do.

so what would you decide to do with what you can afford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
ok funny thing I have been researching the shocks as well. I spoke to Fox today and they gave me the following information:

Float X Evol part 830-21-013 for 700xx MSRP $1495
Podium X 831-27-015 for 700xx just being released MSRP $995

Said the only A Arms that they fit are Houser, Roll Design and Stock but he stated I need to do the A Arms first because of the size difference obviously. When I told him I found the Floats for a lot cheaper he said that he wasnt surprised and I should if I went to a dealer and haggled I could get them for A LOT less because they only sell direct to people for MSRP. Maybe if we can get a few of us and find one dealer we can get a better price? I have decided the shocks are more important for me to change then anything else right now.

Is anyone on this site and authorized FOX dealer?

If anyone knows a better shock for the rear please let me know but after looking at the video of the 700xx I am very excited about the FOX SHOCKS...

http://www.foxracingshox.com/atv/vid.../page=1/id=105

(thanks Joe)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #3 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

iam with you, my riding suffers because of the shocks, i belive i can ride much harder and better with after market shocks...... and changing the arms and shocks in the front and shocks in the rear is a good idea

if we can get a good deal on shocks and possibly arms iam in

post #4 of 13 Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM

is lone star doing a arms i want to go all around the bike new shocks and a arms
post #5 of 13 Old 09-21-2009, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I sent an Email to Lonestar Racing and they said they were not making any parts for 700xx at this time.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ok back to the origional question.... think of what you can honestly afford

would you do arms and shocks all the way around

arms and shocks up front and revalve in the rear

keep stock arms and just get shocks all the way around
post #7 of 13 Old 09-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fox Retailer

Nicky

Look under this link https://club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89

You have a retailer in your town
post #8 of 13 Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Banned

extend or not extend, that is the question

what a silly title haha but its true..... unlike the desert guys who have the room to extend their front and rear arms.... in the east iam not sure if its a good idea or not, I do lots of woods and some open dirt road riding and I have loved the idea of extended arms.

how ever the past few weeks all i can think about is getting my shocks revalved or getting new shocks, somthing has to give on this quad no matter what you do, new wheels, new bars, new this or that... the ride quality ( if you pay attion ) is vary well not bad but it could be better.

my plan so far has been to get fox float evol's and houser arms up front, how ever the past day or so I have though maybe extending is a bad thing i mean i see the gncc guys do it threw the woods as well their are some places i ride where i just do make it between some trees or past a rock ect ect.

so now iam thinking maybe just get the fox floats evol's for my factory arms. even at factory width and length I think i could still be competitive at the local hair scrambles because of the better shocks...

how ever i would like ideas/opinions from every one else
post #9 of 13 Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I ride mostly trails only, I would do shocks all the way around. If your not a pro I don't think the money is justified to spend on extended A-arms. Just get some spacers to slap on it when you decide to go desert riding or whatever you need the stability for. Then when you get back to your trails and cruising take em off.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
I ride mostly trails only, I would do shocks all the way around. If your not a pro I don't think the money is justified to spend on extended A-arms. Just get some spacers to slap on it when you decide to go desert riding or whatever you need the stability for. Then when you get back to your trails and cruising take em off.
1110% (and what i'll be doing)

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode