User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any help?? Wrist and arms getting killed

It seems every time I take my 700xx out I get very sore very fast. My hands, wrist and shoulders mostly. I also have a rancher I can ride hard all day and night with no problems. What can I do to my 700xx to take the abuse off my hands and wrist. Im considering getting a handlebar suspension system but I haven't heard much about them. Any info will help.

Thanks, JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-17-2014, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
This is a odd complaint about the Trx700, imo. Most rave about how smooth it rides, especially compared to a 4x4 quad. I'd have to say there's most likely a issue with your suspension. The 700xx is known for poor quality front shocks. Even when stock I could ride my quad for hours, w/out issues. After looking into the suspension, you may want to check out Precision Racing Products Shock & Vibe system.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5848

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
JP,
I am a little curious as to your age. I know that shouldn't have any bearing on your hands, wrist and shoulders issues, however since I got my 700XX I realized that in order to be pain free, at my age, I needed to lighten up when I am riding that machine. When you are riding the Rancher you are relaxed and feel pretty confident but as with me, when I originally got the XX I had a death grip on the handlebars and felt like each time I took a corner too fast it would be my last. I did get Elka Shocks to cushion the impact but I no longer have that fear of that accident waiting to happen. I do respect that machine for it capabilities and try not to override mine. Don't know if this helps but think about it.
Sid

post #4 of 20 Old 08-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Garage
Get some Fasst Flex bars, a bit more expensive but worth every cent. And you can run them as soft or as stiff as you like according to your preference.

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM

Garage
To me that sounds like "arm pump". Do your forearms get rock hard when this happens. And are your hands cramped up making it difficult to operate the controls. Its extremely common amongst motocross riders. It is a build up of blood in your arms as you ride the blood in your arms doesnt leave as new blood is pumped in causing your arms to fill with fluid becoming hard and making them difficult to use. I'd agree with Sid. Loosen up a bit when your riding the xx. I used to get it bad when I first got my xx. Some days I couldn't even take my hands off the bars or they would cramp up and I'd have to stop and massage my hands and arms just to keep riding. And as Sid said I learned to soften up my grip and relax a bit more and it seemed to go away. Unless I'm riding extremely hard and on the edge then it will return and my arms will get sore. It's kind of one of those things that you learn to live with somewhat. And adjust your riding to alleviate the symptoms. But also as pointed out a steering stabilizer and new bars and mounts may help to lessen the problem.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Take some kids Tylenol and do some push-ups before you ride. I used to get the worst arm pump but like Holdenkush said you need to loosen up when you ride. Even with FlexxBars, Anti-Vibe stem, stabilizer, & custom suspension I still get arm pump unless I stretch and warm up 1st. I currently run precision shock & vibe clamp and that seems to work a little better for me but really the warm-up is key for me.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-18-2014, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Im 50 and my friend and i still ride them like we,ve stolen them, without any aches the next day.. We both do active jobs so that might be the key ?..
post #8 of 20 Old 08-18-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
May sound but try to remember to breathe, relax and have fun. There are things like Pro Taper bars , Flexx bars , PRP shock n vibe clamps , even differant grips that may help but riding relaxed works best for me. Don't tense up when you come upto an obstacle (had to google that word !) just ride over it.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-25-2014, 10:06 PM

Remember to drink lots of water. I get sore in my pecs and legs the day when I don't stay hydrated. But now I always take a few bottles of water with me and take frequent water breaks and I don't get sore at all. It also prevents heat exhaustion so you can ride harder! ;)

2008 700xx red/black
UNI air filter, EHS EFI controller, Moose 13T sprocket, JnJ Skid plates, DDM HID headlight, L8ton 9/16 sway bar, IMS Fuel tank, FMF Factory 4.1 with spark/quiet insert, FMF Powerbomb header with wrap, Superwinch, Garmin eTrex 30 GPS w/ ram mount, Pro Taper SE Handlebar, ITP T-9 GP front wheels, Alba nerf bars, DS 450 XMX front shocks
post #10 of 20 Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
old post, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcharger View Post
Remember to drink lots of water. I get sore in my pecs and legs the day when I don't stay hydrated. But now I always take a few bottles of water with me and take frequent water breaks and I don't get sore at all. It also prevents heat exhaustion so you can ride harder! ;)
Used to be an old-cheap trick for helping bar fatigue, pull off the end caps, and fill the bars w/ silicone, from a regular calking gun, the fuller, the better. let it set 24hrs. at least before riding. make sure any holes or places where the silicone can ooz out are taped over good. will help a small amount w/ vibration.
Baxter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode