LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
which handle bars ???

i personally would love to get flexx bars, but have slowly been thinking about protaper bars, i think they are called fat bars... they come in the box with the squair bar pad.

for those of you that use eaither of these styles of handle bars ( doesnt have to be protaper but the "fixed" style handle bars ) please tell me why they are better then the steel factory bars and can/should anti vibe inserts be used ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Thatīs simple, the aluminum bars absorb vibrations better and also are a LOT stroger than the factory bars. For a cheap fix instead of buying antivibe inserts fill the bars with silicone, works great! Remember the Pro Taper Contours (fatbars or 1 1/8in bars need fatbar adapters). I will look at my friends xx next time I go to his house to check the stock handlebar bend to make sure the ATV high bend does not rub.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #3 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Depends on how much scratch you've got to spend. You can get some sweet Pro Taper EVO's for about $75 bucks, or spend $300 on the Flexx bars. Even a cheaper pair of fat bars, like Trail Tech wold be a massive improvement over the stock handlebars. The stockers feel like they belong on a tricycle!

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 05:34 PM

I have the protaper evo bars and they are very nice and strong the main thing is to make sure you get the bend that you like the best

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #5 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to the_hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappyfreak View Post
. For a cheap fix instead of buying antivibe inserts fill the bars with silicone, works great! .

do you mean the foaming silicone ?
post #6 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM

Regular silicone, just use a caulking gun. Another fix I have heard that is heavier but works better is filling the handlebars with bbs or buckshots and just sealing then in with the grips. If you work on a shop you could always just make yout own in similarity to the Rox antivibe inserts.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #7 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 01:07 AM

This is a good idea with the silicone in the bars. I'll try that! I too am about to bars, but I just dont wanna spend the $3-400 for Flexx

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #8 of 9 Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Hawk. I had a set of pro-tapers amd tyhe reccomended bend was the mid bend and it sat to high with the trail tech clamp which reloactes the indicator lights under the bars. So I went with trail tech flex bars and fixed that issue. The issue was that the brake line and cables were way to tight went you turned the wheel completely and would eventually snap the lines. Def do with bars that are 1 1/8 and taper to 7/8 on ends for the controls to fit, its worth it.

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

post #9 of 9 Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 AM

How do the stock indicator lights fit with new bars? Did you have to not use the pad?

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode