Bumper - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumper

I want to put an aftermarket bumper on but to tell the truth they all look like crap. I know the stock one isn't very fuctional but at least it blends into the front end. Everything else out seems to look like a cattle push on a train Does anyone know of any smaller bumpers or a place that will make custom?

Oh yeah and my brother cracked his stock bumper...anyone want to sell a used one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
I agree, There's not many that I would even consider putting on mine.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the PRM Baja Front bumper and love it, it strong enough that it was used to winch me out of a deep mud puddle.

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=115&mfr=2

post #4 of 16 Old 10-13-2009, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdq4u View Post
I want to put an aftermarket bumper on but to tell the truth they all look like crap. I know the stock one isn't very fuctional but at least it blends into the front end. Everything else out seems to look like a cattle push on a train Does anyone know of any smaller bumpers or a place that will make custom?

Oh yeah and my brother cracked his stock bumper...anyone want to sell a used one?
I have a "V-Lite" by "DG" and also have their "BAJA" skid plate... very happy with their products. The V-Lite bumper can be gotten in black powder coat.

http://dgperf.com/pages/DGproducts_A...t.asp?appID=42

There is some reason why I can't see the pics on their site... perhaps old computer and OS. However, I did see them on another parts site... rockymountain? But, ordered from DG direct $99.95. Also their support is very good... talked to them about skid plate and rep was right there to answer my questions.

You can get a new front bumper from babbitsonline for $52.75

I also still have my old stock bumper... it only had 2-3 rides on it before I put the DG bumper on... make me an offer.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 16 Old 10-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Here's a pic of the V-Lite with black powder coat... on a Yami. Comes in polished metal as well.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

Last edited by roadkill; 09-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-14-2009, 12:12 AM

no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont. plus dg bumpers are made with old style basic tubing coming straight out. those bend the easiest when hit. prm and others have triangular sections and r very strong.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-14-2009, 12:58 AM

I'd rather the bumper bend than my frame... I can bend a bumper back.

edit: i'm with you guys on there not really being any bumper that looks good on the quad. The stock one is "ok". I like the Pro Armor XC (in black) and the Bullhorn, but not quite enough to buy one lol.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

Last edited by 5W0P3; 10-14-2009 at 01:05 AM.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM

"no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont."

I don't take offense. I like what I've got and has held up real good... so far. What really matters is if any particular rider likes what they have, then it doesn't matter what others think or what they prefer. Different strokes for different folks.
Point being... get a bumper that YOU like and are happy with.

roadkill

R. Waters

post #9 of 16 Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
"no offense i think the vlite looks good on a raptor it almost flows with the shape but on the 700xx it dont."

I don't take offense. I like what I've got and has held up real good... so far. What really matters is if any particular rider likes what they have, then it doesn't matter what others think or what they prefer. Different strokes for different folks.
Point being... get a bumper that YOU like and are happy with.

roadkill
Well put!!
post #10 of 16 Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta 700xx View Post
Well put!!

He's old and speaks well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode