Teixiera tech steering stem + stabilizer Q? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-16-2014, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Teixiera tech steering stem + stabilizer Q?

Got the stem last week and installed it Friday night on my red xx. I'll start out by saying how nice the thing is. I got it in +1 and chrome plated partly for looks but mostly to allow less friction between the bushing and the stem. I haven't taken it for a ride yet but it had a noticably lighter steering effort in the garage before I reinstalled the stabilizer.

Fitment was perfect minus the fact that I couldn't get the tie rod threads fully into the flag initially. I called Ed on the spot and he told me there may be chrome build up around the holes? Sure enough he was right so I had to take it back out after I had everything else clamped in lol. Ended up nearly doubling the install but it was still pretty quick. Everything looks great. The handlebars sit about a inch shorter than the stock clamp with TT clamps. It's about equal to stock. My favorite part about this setup so far is the handlebar clamp. It adjusts forward and back on the stem itself . Since I have long arms, I set them to the furthest forward position. Figured it would help with shifting your weight to the front as well. For now I taped up the dummy light and tucked them away neatly. I may try to fabricate something up but it actually looks much cleaner without them.

Now I did run into a problem. I went to re install my precision stabilizer and the steering is very tight. I had to use a new clamp that I ordered directly for precision. I believe it was the A-clamp. I know I installed it correctly and in the right order but still, it's very hard to steer, even when I set it to the softest setting. Does anyone know what may be the problem? I'm not going to run it with the stabilizer until I figure it out.

Pictures will be up tomorrow btw

Last edited by Jmm24; 11-16-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Here are a few pictures of the new stem

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This next picture shows the difference in bar height between the stock stem with TT clamps and the teixiera setup. Keep in mind the front tires are a lot taller on the red one as well. I also added the rear shocks to the black one this weekend.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Jmm24; 11-17-2014 at 12:21 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Finished product, can't wait to drive it again

[IMG][/IMG]

post #4 of 4 Old 11-17-2014, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode