I-Shocks or Precision Stabilizer?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I-Shocks or Precision Stabilizer??

So after another kick ass weekend of riding like a madman, I am contemplating on adding a mod to my quad. My right shoulder took a serious beating and I initially was thinking I should get a stabilizer/damper, but then I was thinking maybe I should replace the front shocks. A precision stabilizer costs about half of what I would spend on shocks, but if I get the stabilizer, I will still be looking at replacing the shocks down the road. I know that I am talking 2 different things, but the shocks could help with some of the beating, just not the same level as the stabilizer. I have never had a stabilizer/damper on a quad. Which direction would you go?

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.

Last edited by xx-rated; 10-20-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The steering damper first. Then see if you still need to upgrade your shocks. A good steering damper will make a world of difference. If you upgrade your shocks first, you may find that you still need a good steering damper. Go the cheaper way first.
BTW - ccp steering damper on eBay $160.00 or $180.00 as "buy it now"

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Getting both would be ideal, but if I had to pick just one, I would get shocks. As far as I am concerned, the stock front shock on the 700XX belong at the bottom of a trash can, they are horrible! At least in my case, I would see a much bigger improvement in handling with new shocks then a stabilizer.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

post #4 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

If I'm going shocks...fully adjustable i-Shocks for a grand, or Elka's fully adjustable for $1,150?? Neither of these has the hi-speed/low-speed adjustment, but I don't think I'd ever be able to get them tuned anyway.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #5 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
If I'm going shocks...fully adjustable i-Shocks for a grand, or Elka's fully adjustable for $1,150?? Neither of these has the hi-speed/low-speed adjustment, but I don't think I'd ever be able to get them tuned anyway.
When your spending that kind of money, what's another $160 for the stabilizer?
post #6 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

I think that I want to go for the Precision, which is $485. It is more adjustable and I'd bet that it holds up much better. I don't really want to spend any, but hey, this kind of stuff is important!!

post #7 of 24 Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 PM

i am going fox float x evol up front and going to take it from there
post #8 of 24 Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 AM

if you're looking at spending 1 grand... i believe Elka still has the regular shocks, forgot which adjustments, for about 465ish, and spend the other half on the stabilizer... the cool thing about these elkas is that you can always upgrade those shocks by adding the reservoirs and other adjustments... if i'm not mistaken
post #9 of 24 Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Yes, Elka's with no rezzies and pre-load adjustable only are about $500.

post #10 of 24 Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Yeah but those non rezzy Elka's that are only preload adjustable are emulsion type so they cannot be upgraded that cheaply or easily. Will they be better than stock? yes, by a very noticeable difference? probably not.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode