Should I buy these shocks? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-01-2014, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Should I buy these shocks?

Elka Stage 3 front and rear with labtek stabilizer for $1650. Is this a good price? I've only had my 700 for a couple of weeks. How bad are the stock shocks really? I definitely haven't advanced beyond them yet. So far I have an 11/16 swaybar and some Kenda Kutters. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
That is a really good deal, as far as the pricing goes. I think I paid $1410 for just my fronts. Alot of cash for comfort. I 1st did the ds-450 mod, and when I got my $1410 shocks, I wasn't at awwww with them. They were nicer than the ds-450, but not that much better and the price was 7x...

If I were to go over, I'd spend a few more dollars and get extended arms, and long travel shocks. Or just stick with the DS shocks???

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I think I'll stick with the stockers for now. For that much money I'd have to be really impressed. Any other input?

post #4 of 8 Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 AM

I have stage 3's all around. If you like to go fast you want the shocks. I found that WOW factor in the top of fourth when I hit a root.
The bike sucked up and I kept on going. If I had stockers it would have bucked and been a trip to the hospital.

Basically the shocks help the most when you unexpectedly hit something and will save your back at the end of the day.

715 11:1 big bore
+1 intake valves
Sredrums +3 throttle body
PCV
NGK BKR6EKPB-11 spark plug
K&N air filter w/outerwares,
Barker exhaust
PBI sprockets /D.I.D chain
Stage 3 Elka's on all 4 corners
post #5 of 8 Old 12-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
They will be impressive over stock for sure.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-08-2014, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I paid $1650.. for front & back and would do it again tomorrow. these shock are impressive. it is a lot of money but in my opinion they were well worth the money I spent. if you ask they will give you free shipping. Also spend the extra money and get the shock guards. If your riding in the sand maybe not but woods riding a must have.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-14-2014, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

What is the general opinion of the labtek stabilizer?
post #8 of 8 Old 12-14-2014, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaistick View Post
What is the general opinion of the labtek stabilizer?
Stick stabilizers in general are usually pretty bad, especially after a few rides. They require frequent rebuilding. Go with a puck style stabilizer. Much longer service intervals and just a better overall design.

Btw, Elkas are not even comparable to the stock shocks that are on the xx. The xx shocks are one of the worst ever put on a sport quad IMO. The stock shocks that came on my Rincon are valved better. The DS450 stock shocks are more comparable to Elkas but the DS comes with high quality racing shocks with full adjustability. That's one of the reasons why a DS450 costs 2k dollars more than the honda 450. The DS shocks are cheaper than Elkas but they require trimming of both the shock and shock mount (on the bike) and people seem to have issues with getting a proper ride height. Bottom line is they were not made for the xx, but the Elkas will be.

Last edited by Jmm24; 12-14-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode