User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
CRASHED! Need bar help/suggestions?

Hey all. So, the inevitable has happened. I have gone and plowed into a tree and bent up my bars, A-Arms, and stem. I got the A-Arms and new Stem ready to go and now I just need to decide on the clamp and bar. I grew up riding an '88 Honda 250R and looking around on the intertubes, I am boggled as to how many bends and styles there are now. It's a bit daunting.
From what I can tell it looks like most of the 1 1/8 bars are taylored for dirtbikes and not ATV's. Not all, but moslty.
I do a lot of tight woods and trails riding, some XC and harescrambles (just for fun), so a bar with good height and clearance is important. My current setup was running the Renthal 7/8 611-01 (XR100 / TTR125) measures at 30.2" wide and 6.1" tall, which for me has good height and is not too wide.
So, my question to the community is: how many of us are using the 1 1/8 bars and what is your experience with them. Do you feel that the 1 1/8 has a significant performance advantage over the 7/8 or is it mostly rider preference and strength.
Just to clarify, I ride a Honda TRX700xx. Up front I am running Laeger +1 A-Arms, and a Houser +1 stem.. Stabilzer.... The closest I am finding in the 1 1/8 are the Raptor bend and maybe the RC High. I would appreciate any and ALL comments and/or suggestions.
Thanks in Advance guys (and gals)!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you’re at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I run the raptor bend with the houser. No complaints.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
I got a pair of these, when admin had them for cheap like $30 shipped. I went with them because of strength and lighter weight than oem.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product...Vid77039375u66

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the reply, man. Are you using the 1 1/8 bar or 7/8? How do you like the height? It is comfortable with that +1 stem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswag115 View Post
I run the raptor bend with the houser. No complaints.

Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you’re at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, that would have been awesome. too bad they are discontinued.

I was looking at the Tag bars as well. My pegs are Tag and are bullet proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I got a pair of these, when admin had them for cheap like $30 shipped. I went with them because of strength and lighter weight than oem.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product...Vid77039375u66

post #6 of 7 Old 12-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had the 7/8 raptor on my stock setup. After a snapped stock steering shaft I went houser + 1 1/8 raptor. Im happy with the set up. I stand alot & it works well for that.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-04-2014, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i almost went with the raptor 1 1/8, but after intense scrutiny and hours of agonizing debates with my other self, I decided on the Protaper Contour Pastrana FMX 1 1/8 bend. I actually built a spreadsheet in excel with all of the bar bends and their respective dimensions calculated in both standard and metric. It came down to four (4) bars, all of them protaper 1 1/8: The Raptor bend, the ATV High, and finally Pastrana FMX bend. Apples to apples they were all within a few centimeters. The Pastrana and ATV were almost identical, but the Pastrana width was just a more narrow. The Raptor would have put me at nearly 7" with my +1 stem. I do like a higher bar, but at 5'7" I feel the Pastrana, which will give me about 5 3/4" will suit me well.

Who knows, I may get crazy and order a raptor bar, throw it up there and just hand tighten the bolts to see how it feels.

Now i am stuck with yet another conundrum.. which grips!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pswag115 View Post
I had the 7/8 raptor on my stock setup. After a snapped stock steering shaft I went houser + 1 1/8 raptor. Im happy with the set up. I stand alot & it works well for that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode