Handlebar questions - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Handlebar questions

So I have a trailtech riser with indicator lights on the plastic shroud. I have tried some Pro Taper Raptor bends and was to high. The brake lines and electrical lines were way to tight when it was turned all the way. I now have a set of trail tech mid bends and its way to short. Trail tech is sending me a set of high bends for free but they are less then a inch higher. Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
CJ

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Are you able to reroute your cables and hoses? how much rise do the TT risers have?

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by De700 View Post
So I have a trailtech riser with indicator lights on the plastic shroud. I have tried some Pro Taper Raptor bends and was to high. The brake lines and electrical lines were way to tight when it was turned all the way. I now have a set of trail tech mid bends and its way to short. Trail tech is sending me a set of high bends for free but they are less then a inch higher. Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance,
CJ
I have the TrailTech ATV Mid Bend and it's pretty close to stock. For winter I run the TUSK Chub in the CR bend.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids

post #4 of 11 Old 10-30-2009, 03:37 AM

Yah you have to reroute the cables if your changing to a higher then stock setup. I had to when I did the trail tech risers and flex bars.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Well how are you rerouting them? There is only so many places you can reroute them? I took them out of the retaining clips that were built onto the frame, but that didn't seem to help. The TT riser raises it pretty high. The TT mid bend seems to be kind of shorter. I actually compared it to a set of stock ones last week and you can see a big difference.

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,

post #6 of 11 Old 10-30-2009, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

I ca't seem to fnd any measurements on the Tusk CHubb bars. Any idea's?

post #7 of 11 Old 10-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Should be a zip tie down below the clips. Those should free up some more slack. Also once your done check your steering full left to right. Your throttle cable and brake line need to be secured also
post #8 of 11 Old 10-31-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I believe I did undo that zip tie, but when I put my new plastics on Iw ill double check that

post #9 of 11 Old 11-01-2009, 04:02 AM

well if you zoom in on the pic, the right side i routed the line behind the brake line. the other side had plenty of slack. But yah you can see how high my setup is. Im a tall rider, and riding position is very important IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0242 small.jpg (88.6 KB, 114 views)
post #10 of 11 Old 11-01-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Thats actually interesting. I would be worried that the lines may get snagged on tree branches. I may actually consider rerouting them that way. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode