700xx or 525 irs need input. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to know likes and dislikes and is the handling that bad, as you read on the honda.

Last edited by scuzz; 11-15-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The only handling issue is front end push with the stock tires. Other than that it rides better than anything I've been on.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 12:43 PM

The handeling is mostly corrected by replaceing the stock tires with some different tires

Cant say anything about the 525 never been on one to give a opinion on it but i agree with smooth the 700xx is one of the best quads ive ever ridden

post #4 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Depends exactly what your looking for! I personally like fast open road -type trails and need plenty of power to shoot the BIG hills. The xx is awesome in those enviroments...as well as rutted or rocky trails. But when it comes to tight tree-lined trails the front end push can be a pain in the arse ...especially when the speeds are up. That's the only real issue I have with mine..although there are plenty of ways to fix this. On the other hand, the 525 is a fun bike as well. The few 08's i've ridden all handled as if the were SRA bikes..and in 2009 Polaris improved the handling with a new front end. The KTM motor is sweet and has a lot of potential , but I always tend to lean towards the larger displacement of the Honda . Stock vs stock the Honda wins in that dept.

2008 trx700xx
HMF SPORT FULL SYSTEM, HMF/DOBECK OPTIMIZER, MODQUAD INTAKE
post #5 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 04:22 PM

I have had experience with both and on the power department they are pretty much the same as the 525 engine rips. The Honda and KTM engines are both rock solid in reliability. As all the other guys the xx pushes the front but can be helped with better and taller tires up front, adjusting your riding style, sonic sway bar, etc. The 525 will handle almost like a straight axle but not just there. Now the rest of the bike Honda wins hands down, Polaris's reliability is always an issue.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #6 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.
We do alot of riding at wof penn gap and the hatfield mccoys trails.
My buddy has the 525 and he loves it but i'm not a big polaris fan.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM

I agree with not being a polaris fan 2 of my ridding buddies and i used to have polaris scrambler 400s and they where all in the shop more then on the trail
post #8 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 05:34 PM

I own a 07 Outlaw and 08 700xx. The Polaris is faster and quicker than my 700XX when were both completely stock(top speed 74 vs 66 gps). However the 700XX is a much more reliable machine. Overall quality of the Polaris is poor, even the plastic is cheap. Read some of the Outlaw forums. Also the Outlaw engine is almost race tune stock, whereas the 700XX has a lot of potential for power gains even with just bolt on stuff. The Polaris handles much like a SRA. The 700XX handling just takes a little getting used to but mostly just an adjustment in riding style. My advice don't buy an Outlaw just based on poor reliability.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Never road an Outlaw but after riding a 400EX today, I miss my 700XX, the suspension and handling are sweet once you change your front tires and the power...wow!! I've ridden all over Hatfield and Jackman and the 700XX handle all the trails with perfection!! I've been a Honda rider since early 90's and have stayed with them because of their reliability.

Now, I did install the Elkas front shocks and have 23" front tires, both of these have made a great change to the front end.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode