Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

A-arm bushings

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cataway 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Not saying it can't be done, but there's more to it than taping in a zerk fitting. There's no way for the grease to get where it needs to be, if that's all you do.

#3 ·
I agree the zerk does have to be in the right place . how ever just having grease in that inclosed space is better than no grease in there at all.

#4 ·
on my ltz's swingarm I made it so the grease would enter through the center of needle bearings casing /race . trust me them things is hard, to hard to drill .but a hole had to be there, other wise the PSI of the grease going in would just push the seal out and not go into the bearing .

#5 · (Edited)
You will see when you take it apart, and oh yeah have fun with the cir-clips. Where you drill the hole for the zerk, you will also need to cut a passage way to let the grease flow to each end of bearings.

Let's move this elsewhere, we're trashing the member intro.

#6 ·
yep , no biggie . I have even put new grease into sealed bearing with out taking them apart .

#8 ·
running bearings dry destroys them. forcing to much grease into a bearing has the poetical of blowing out the seals which inturn lets dirt in .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.