User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PRM, Pro-Armor, or Ricochet Protective Armor

Hi All,

Just became the lucky owner of a new 08 700xx this past week. And like most of you, I'm already looking at upgrades.

Because I ride a lot in West Virgina (lots of rock), my first upgrade is going to be under armor protection for the frame and a-arms.

Now, on my 400ex, I had Pro-Armor and ran it for 4 years without issue. But, with the 700xx I was thinking of the Ricochet because of the high lip on the a-arm protectors. The only thing is, I don't like the fact that the screw heads are exposed and not counter sunk like Pro-armor or PRM. And, PRM offers different thickness on the protection.

I see that you guys seem to be running all of these brands...

Would you please provide your input on what has and hasn't worked?

Thanks much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I just looked and didn't find anyone that has Ricochet that is made for the 700xx.
Myself, I use DG Baja skid plate and PRM side bars. Like PRM the DG skid plates come in different thicknesses. One note on the DG... They didn't have a hole for the the oil breather tube... But that's a simple fix with a drill. You will find that you have much better ground clearance with the 700xx than you did with the 400ex... you'll go right over rocks that would hang up most SRA quads.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 21 Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM

I just got the Ricochets. Best skids on the planet. I have them on my Gade also. Never had a problem with the exposed bolts.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids

post #4 of 21 Old 12-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I am running Pro Armor and they are working great. No problems.lee6 001-2.jpg

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 21 Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM

PRM gets my vote

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
post #6 of 21 Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to squeak14
OEM Honda skids and A arms are workin great on my 700 so far
post #7 of 21 Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the ricochet a-arm guards and they're best that I've used mainly due to its height, it really covers the a-arm and due to its front shield, it deflects most of the debris away. Oh! Yeah! forgot to mentioned there are 3 of us that are using them on our bikes, DaGirl71 and DE700

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #8 of 21 Old 12-11-2009, 11:28 AM

I have DG pro baja skids and they were perfect to install. Took 2 minutes max and really take a beating. I also have DG nerfs and they have made it through several mishaps and they do great. I had pro armor before but they cracked at the weld joints in the front bumper and on the nerfs. I was also told I was on my own with the pro armor and they wouldn't warranty it.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

post #9 of 21 Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would go with anything other than Pro Armor!!

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #10 of 21 Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THREESVTS View Post
I would go with anything other than Pro Armor!!
I second this. I do not like Pro Armor. I would stay away from AC racing and Pro Armor. Pro Armor has had numerous weld failures and AC racing will send you product with no directions and when you call them they consider it common knowledge but couldn't tell me where each bolt went and why I had 6 attachment points and 13 bolts, 13 nuts, and 32 washers. Didn't make sense so I sent it back and got Dg and awfully happy I did. I have the PRM rear tool chest and it fit great and has held up good.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode