Cable Length when Raising Handlebars? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-11-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch Cable Length when Raising Handlebars?

Are all of the stock cables on the 700XX long enough to use a 2” riser and aftermarket handlebars? If not, which cables would have to be replaced, and what aftermarket company do you recommend I go with?

Thank You for your hlep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM

I

did a 1 inch riser and Flexx Quad racer Hi bars...its stretches the wires more then Brake and Throttle lines. You would have to fine alot of slack by cutting zip ties farther down the frame.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Let’s say I want to keep the wires where they are along the frame, what are my other options for making this work? Do I splice and extend them, or is there a kind of extension kit? I wonder how Matlock did it on his 700XX?

Thank you!

post #4 of 6 Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm using the TrailTech riser with Tusk Fat bar and the cables were long enough. Sad part is that with the Trail Tech Riser, you have to remove the plastic cover so your cables are visible.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #5 of 6 Old 12-12-2009, 06:33 PM

I am using the TrailTech riser as well and the pro taper contour highbend and raptor bend were to high when you turned the wheel the cables were to tights. I am selling a set of x-bars, I have high and mid bend for them. The high bend is brand new never used and the mid bend has been used for 4 months bye me and works fine.

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-12-2009, 08:56 PM

hellishot look at what 5WOP3 did to relocate his light pod in the "how to" steering stem replacement will save you from splicing some wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode