Rear wheel leaning . Help ! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-28-2015, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rear wheel leaning . Help !

Hi guys I've rolled my quad a few times and bent a few wheels like a few others I'm sure. My problem is now my rear left wheel has a distinct inward lean . I know the wheel is not bent because it's new and doesn't wobble. The hub seems to turn true also. I took the wheel off to look at the A arms and cast aluminum thing and they all "look straight " to me . I've obviously tweeked or bent something but it's so subtle that I don't know what new parts I need to fix it . My tires are wearing more on the inside so I know it's not just how IRS sits funny sometimes. Has anyone had this happen or is there a component that bends more often than others back there ?
Any experience from the group here would be appreciated thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-30-2015, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Hmmmmm... You rolled it a few times you say? If you have checked all the usual suspects it may be time to take it the local Honda stealership for a checkup.

Wish I could offer better advice, but depending on how many times it's been rolled, you could be looking at a number of things.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-30-2015, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
Wish I could offer better advice, but depending on how many times it's been rolled, you could be looking at a number of things.
Yeah what he said, if A-Arms are straight, it has to be a bearing. Have you jacked it up and shook it down, to check for play? You said your tires are wearing, so this is on both sides?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-03-2015, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Only the left rear tire is wearing uneaven on the inside. I jacked it up and took wheels off and felt for play and everything feels nice and tight. It hasn't been rolled end over end multiple times or anything but I have gone over backwards and flopped her on her side a few different times .
It handles fine and it's not that badly bent. I was just wondering if anyone else has bent stuff back there and what the weakest bend points may be.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Most of the rear end "stuff" is pretty solid. Are you absolutely positive it's not the wheel?

Have you taken a close look at the hub?
post #6 of 11 Old 07-04-2015, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

I know the hub and wheel are true because when I turn the wheels up on blocks nothing wobbles and the wheel stays on that slight angle. i took the upper a arm off and all the bolts came out nicely and every thing seems to fit nicely no pressure anywhere to re assemble of anything weird . I guess ill just ride her nobody's perfect .

EFM auto clutch, texterratech upper a arms, motion pro twist ,pro taper bars & 3/4 " homemade sway bar.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-08-2015, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Where the A arm connects to the frame may be pushed in a little and that would make the wheel lean inward
post #8 of 11 Old 07-17-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Customs View Post
Where the A arm connects to the frame may be pushed in a little and that would make the wheel lean inward
or where it connects to the knucle it bends upward and tire wears inside
post #9 of 11 Old 07-18-2015, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I'll 2nd that I believe that it is the end of the upper a-arm. My right side tire has a little lean. Has since I rolled the quad a few months after I got it.

I have actually been thinking about having the upper a-arm and upper knuckle redone for more strength and wheel clearance. I was thinking that the center area of the upper knuckle could be removed and then a rod put on the end of the rear a-arm that would mount to the center of the knuckle. Rath Racing is about 15 miles from my house and they would be my contact if I would decide to make this change.

I egged a 10" rear wheel after jumping and it rubbed the upper a-arms in 2 spots. I have since bought Hiper rims. They won't dent or ding but they can crack under a hard impact. But at least with the modular design I can replace 1 piece of the wheel instead of the whole darn thing.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #10 of 11 Old 07-18-2015, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Glad to hear I'm not not the only one to of bent stuff back there. Sounds like it's most likely knuckle or upper A-arm / mount related . Luecker if you ever change how your knuckle mounts make sure you show us .

EFM auto clutch, texterratech upper a arms, motion pro twist ,pro taper bars & 3/4 " homemade sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode