User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
DTM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thoughts on a 22 or 23 inch front tire?

Last weekend was the first time I spent a considerable amount of time on a 700xx. The front end pushing into a turn is considerably more than my 400ex bikes. I am currently trying to find a company who will make some sway bars for these bikes. Who knows how long that will take. A number of people have posted the L8ton sway bars helps with this push into a turn.

As far as a short term solution I am wondering if a 22 or 23 inch tall tire will help with the handling of these quads.

The 400's come with a 22 inch tire stock. The Raptor went from a 21 to a 22 inch tire in 2015 to improve handling.

If I recall a number of sport quads use a taller tire in the front compared to the back.

What are your thoughts on 22 or 23 inch tall front tires on a 700xx?

Good? Bad? Indifferent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
23's will rub my nerf's idk about your's. I like 22's front and back, my newer quad has the smaller 21's in the front. they look a good 2"s shorter in photo.

This picture is showing clearance between Honda Racing nerf's with used 22" Rzr II's, same tires as in above picture quad on the right.

Oh, and no idt any tire will help the push but that's just my opinion.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Lightbulb These will help with the push.

If you consider these, spend the extra $60 on the needle bearing. IDT they will help the rear slide though.

Teixeira Technologies

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Dura Blue ATV performance - Anti - Sway Bars
a bit pricey if you ask me

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #5 of 12 Old 07-20-2015, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Teixeira upper a arms help some with the push. I run them and STI 22" up front and it helped the push. I was glad I got the upper a arms for my bike.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-20-2015, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I think Honda gave the xx 21" front tires to help reduce the amount of rear end traction, which innevitably leads to understeer. By giving the bike a slight forward lean, (front end lower than the rear) weight is slighly shifted forward which helps the front end gain traction. IRS is notorious for loading the rear outside tire while cornering which is why the larger swaybar is so important. It keeps the rear end flat and planted, which better allows the front end to control direction vs the rear tires that just want to go straight.

The swaybar doesnt really improve the turning radius at slow speeds (you'll need adjustable arms for that) but it does better allow the rear tires to lose traction with the blip of the throttle, which can help significantly when making a tight turn.

I've come to learn that just about everything has an effect on how the xx turns. Adjustable a-arms, sway bars, shocks, tires, steering stabilizers, steering stems and even the position/height/angle of the handlebars have an affect on how precisely it will handle. I've had setups which I thought were perfect untill I tried something else and realized how much better I liked it. It takes time to realize what works for you but once you find it, there isn't a better ATV around.

Last edited by Jmm24; 07-20-2015 at 11:41 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-21-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
DTM

With so many people wanting a l8ton sway bar. I am hoping I can find a replacement. I would buy 20 sway bars if I could get the original supplier to make them again. Sit on them and sell them as need be.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Okay, so if the current "taker" for my L8ton sway bar doesn't get back to me by Monday, it's back on the table!

Just an FYI
post #9 of 12 Old 07-26-2015, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
DTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post
Okay, so if the current "taker" for my L8ton sway bar doesn't get back to me by Monday, it's back on the table!

Just an FYI
9/16" or 11/16"?
post #10 of 12 Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerikanzero View Post

Just an FYI
do I have to beg ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode