Urgent Steering stem - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Urgent Steering stem

I just got my trx flipped and broke the tube that goes from the steering bars.. I have no idea of where to buy or whic one to buy.. It was my first time on my trx .. Please i need help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
We need picture's, and the story I hope your okay. Also if you snapped the stem in half what else is destroyed? To answer your question, I think there's a couple stems listed in the for sale section. But if going after market Houser makes a nice steam.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 07-26-2015 at 03:42 PM.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

I was going up a long hill, when tried to change gears to 2 the trx turn off(it was my first time in the hills).. It started to go back because i didnt steped on the back brake(i knew this after it happend that need to step on it) i came off the trx and hold on the steering to try to hold it but it started pulling me down so i just left hold of the trx and it rolled down the hill and made a 360.. When i got to the trx the steering bar was bent down(when i say bed is not the bar but it moved foward) i turned the 4 bolts or screws and moved back up.. I started the trx and kept on riding it on hard trials after 1 hr with no problems i heard a metal broke.. I could turn the steering bar but the wheels didnt.. I stopped and moved the plastic "computer" to see inside the steering and i saw the round tube broken (steering stem).. Soo since i could ride it for 1 hr i think everything is ifine but that

Last edited by cartuho; 07-26-2015 at 06:24 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Back breaks are a no no, when sliding down a hill backwards!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 07-26-2015 at 08:20 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

I wrote to someone in the atv sales parts... but havent respond.. there are couples of used ones in ebay but i have no idea to what to look for when buying this kind of things.. i also saw the HOUSER RACING +1 but they are really expensive and i have no idea if this would fit my trx stock (with no other parts to the steering system) ...i really need help on what to order...
post #6 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
'' the trx turn off ''............... is the tipover switch to blame for it stopping ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #7 of 9 Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

i let go of the clutch...
post #8 of 9 Old 07-27-2015, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Houser stem use to haver some fitting issuses with the fitting.Don't know if they fixed the problems but I run Texeira Tech steering stem , I have a Houser stem also but never used it. I'm on my second stem from Ed Teixeira as the Big Rex tried a backflip during an enduro event . Also bent the frame . Not the best of days.

We live and learn.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-27-2015, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Houser stem fits and works great but switching to the TexieriaTech to get a +2

-2008 Alba Racing TRX700xx Desert Runner-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode